• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Death Note Locks up Japanese TV

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:24 am Reply with quote
bennyb:
Quote:
For me the big question is would they attempt to redo it with american actors (a HUGE undertaking) or more logically release it with subtitles and a dubbed track?

No one at the panel took kindly to my joke about Trainman being remade with Jon Heder, so I'm assuming Death Note will be subbed with a possible dub. Though if Grudge 2 does well enough, they could always get Shimizu to direct a Death Note remake.

cadub:
Quote:
okay, if an american remake.. who would play light?

If he wasn't over 30, I would have immediately said Leonardo Dicaprio. So I guess the next obvious pick would be Ashton Kutcher, mostly cus of that Butterfly Effect connection.
cadub77

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:07 am Reply with quote
yea, I think Ashton would suck though.. I hate that guy.

Wolverine Princess wrote:
Quote:
I think i just came!

Ew. Way too much information, dude. Rolling Eyes

lol.. sorry Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
B33

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:34 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't expect to see it on Adult Swim(or any television block) till at least Summer or Fall of 2007.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:45 pm Reply with quote
After a looooong day of AP Bio summer homework, I come browsing the ANN frontpage to see the most .......... AMAZING NEWS I'VE SEEN ALL SUMMER!!!! Oh my god, I think I'm about to wet myself. My favorite manga (the manga that got me into reading manga) is going to be an anime. I cannot describe how happy I am. This might be one of the only animes that I will actually download fansubs of (though I will make sure to buy every DVD they ever release). I have to say that I am speechless right now. It's taking me an hour to write this post because I'm so excited.

I do wonder, though, how well they will adapt this from the manga. I don't think it'd be very exciting to see L and Light sitting around thinking to themselves all the time. I also hope they don't cram it with fillers (even though there's no reason because the manga's done). I also wonder how many episodes the series will be. It can't be more than a 26 episode series. Either way, this $h!+ is bangin'!!!
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:04 am Reply with quote
It'll probably be about 56 episodes. It does have two distinct story arcs. I am guessing it will be really slow..

I can't wait to see if it has a generic anime opening with scenes using the characters that have nothing to do with the show. Light running around slaughtering people with a sythe, Light running away from Misa while misa cries, L fighting crime with his fists. Hahahahaha that would make me laugh.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:48 pm Reply with quote
I have read only the second manga volume but thought it was weird. Why is it Madhouse does dark and grim anime so often.
Swift

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I have read only the second manga volume but thought it was weird. Why is it Madhouse does dark and grim anime so often.

Well you've got to stick with what you're good at. And damn. Dark and Grim is something they do well.
I_AM_L

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:25 pm Reply with quote
The only prblem I see is that there will be no action at all (except a helicopter) with characters just thinking or talking.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2