• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Restored Nation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:59 pm Reply with quote
thepsychogamer wrote:
Levitz9 wrote:
Man, I'm really sad that Puyo Puyo Tetris isn't coming over. We get Senran-freakin'-Kagura over the Nintendo eShop, but Sega can't be buggered to give us this puzzle game that's 50% one of the most popular games ever made.

It is kinda sad that Xseed is brave enough to ring over Senran Kagura and Akiba's Trip, but Saga dousn't have the balls to release a simple tetris game (let alone the Yakuza series.)

That's because the IP is mainly for the Arcade and mobile markets only. It's distribution is very very limited.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:22 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
thepsychogamer wrote:
Levitz9 wrote:
Man, I'm really sad that Puyo Puyo Tetris isn't coming over. We get Senran-freakin'-Kagura over the Nintendo eShop, but Sega can't be buggered to give us this puzzle game that's 50% one of the most popular games ever made.

It is kinda sad that Xseed is brave enough to ring over Senran Kagura and Akiba's Trip, but Saga dousn't have the balls to release a simple tetris game (let alone the Yakuza series.)

That's because the IP is mainly for the Arcade and mobile markets only. It's distribution is very very limited.

Yes. Arcades and mobile markets. Which is why the game was also released on the PS3 and Wii U. Rolling Eyes
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:23 am Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:

Yes. Arcades and mobile markets. Which is why the game was also released on the PS3 and Wii U. Rolling Eyes

Not to mention practically every console in existence in some form...
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
GATSU wrote:
Quote:
Yakuza Restoration does the same thing at the end of the Edo period and the dawn of the Meiji era, and it's not coming out here either.

Don't bet against that just yet. With a proper MGS sequel still in development hell, Sony will need something to keep gamers interested in the meantime. That's also why I think, if the rumours are true, that Sega and Atlus were reconsidering their stance against localizing Yakuza 5.

You think it. Because these rumors were fabricated by fans. Atlus has no jurisdiction over SEGA nor do have any say over SEGA's IPs.

SEGA brought out Atlus' parent company Index and has turned it into something else. Atlus is run completely separate from Sega.

Yes and no. Atlus will go about its business as usual, but as a fully-owned subsidiary they do have access to SEGA IP's, which SEGA themselves have made perfectly clear, stating that they're open to Atlus utilizing their dormant IP's. Its still unlikely that they'd take it upon themselves to bring over future Yakuza games, but I don't see why its not something they could, in theory, do if they really wanted to.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:50 am Reply with quote
HyugaHinata wrote:
Is Dark Souls 2 really rated T for Teen?

Yeah it is actually. Seems weird that From decided to turn down the blood after Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1. Maybe they are trying to reach a wider audience?

I'm not a fan of this Square online store exclusive stuff. I wish D3 was available on amazon instead. I haven't decided on whether to get the CE or not yet, but it looks like I already missed out on one piece of DLC Evil or Very Mad .
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:41 am Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
HyugaHinata wrote:
Is Dark Souls 2 really rated T for Teen?

Yeah it is actually. Seems weird that From decided to turn down the blood after Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1. Maybe they are trying to reach a wider audience?

I'm not a fan of this Square online store exclusive stuff. I wish D3 was available on amazon instead. I haven't decided on whether to get the CE or not yet, but it looks like I already missed out on one piece of DLC Evil or Very Mad .

Yeah, SE's online store is a hassle. A few of my friends had no way of dealing with that thing for the FFX/X-2 re-releases.

My hat is off to those who manage anything in regards to D3...
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:08 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
GATSU wrote:
Quote:
Yakuza Restoration does the same thing at the end of the Edo period and the dawn of the Meiji era, and it's not coming out here either.

Don't bet against that just yet. With a proper MGS sequel still in development hell, Sony will need something to keep gamers interested in the meantime. That's also why I think, if the rumours are true, that Sega and Atlus were reconsidering their stance against localizing Yakuza 5.

You think it. Because these rumors were fabricated by fans. Atlus has no jurisdiction over SEGA nor do have any say over SEGA's IPs.

SEGA brought out Atlus' parent company Index and has turned it into something else. Atlus is run completely separate from Sega.

Yes and no. Atlus will go about its business as usual, but as a fully-owned subsidiary they do have access to SEGA IP's, which SEGA themselves have made perfectly clear, stating that they're open to Atlus utilizing their dormant IP's. Its still unlikely that they'd take it upon themselves to bring over future Yakuza games, but I don't see why its not something they could, in theory, do if they really wanted to.

"Being Open" doesn't mean they will it means "will consider the option". Also, Yakuza is not a dormant IP. It's an active one. They were referring to games like "Virtual On" "Streets of Rage", "Eternal Champions" e.t.c.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:32 pm Reply with quote
You tried to correct the poster even though he/she basically said the same exact thing?

Last edited by Rahxephon91 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
doubleO7 wrote:

"Being Open" doesn't mean they will it means "will consider the option". Also, Yakuza is not a dormant IP. It's an active one. They were referring to games like "Virtual On" "Streets of Rage", "Eternal Champions" e.t.c.

Right, I didn't say they will, just that they can.

I know what they meant by dormant, but that doesn't mean we can't speculate. If SEGA doesn't plan to release any more Yakuza games in English doesn't that make it, for all intents and purposes a "dormant" IP, at least on this side of the Pacific?

Last edited by doubleO7 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:

Yeah, SE's online store is a hassle. A few of my friends had no way of dealing with that thing for the FFX/X-2 re-releases.

My hat is off to those who manage anything in regards to D3...

It really is. It took me something like 5 attempts to pre-order the FFX/X-2 release. I emailed SE about my order and it turns out that the store is handled by separate entity. I hope I get my order ok Confused .
aizensama666

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I want a holographic invitation featuring a brainwashed Nurse Joy to Yoshi's New Island. I'd prefer if it was delivered by a Dragonite.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Gosh dangit, looks like the Drakengard 3 CE is sold out. I was waiting awhile because the item page didn't say anything about it being out of stock, but when you try to add it to your cart it says they are all gone. Another example of how great SE's store is Rolling Eyes .
Cauchy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:35 am Reply with quote
Since "&" would be read as "to" in Japanese, "Escha & Logy" becomes "Escha to logy", or "eschatology". Mystery solved!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2