• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Patema Inverted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote
I... never heard of this until I read the review. Seems like it would be something I'd like.
BrandonL337

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote
oops

Last edited by BrandonL337 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
BrandonL337

uh oh

Last edited by BrandonL337 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
BrandonL337

woopsie

Last edited by BrandonL337 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
BrandonL337

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:00 am Reply with quote
This sounds just lovely, really hoping that it'll get an english release
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:46 pm Reply with quote
BrandonL337 wrote:
This sounds just lovely, really hoping that it'll get an english release

You're positivity surprises me looking at your previous 3 comments Wink Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:51 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

On a side note does anyone know if they plan to release any more copies of 'Time of Eve'? I know it was released but I ran into some guy that said that there would be a reprint later this (April) month. But I can't find any information cementing that. I missed out grabbing a copy for the library. The original price range was too high during the KS and afterwards. It was just too much for what we'd be willing to spend so we had to let it go. When I caught wind TRSI selling a few copies for $30 during the year's end it was too late. But they told me to check back at some point. But I'm wondering if they will reprint some "bare bones" copies or if that's already done.

I believe i heard that additional copies of the movie would be sold after the kickstarter was over but i cant find where i got that info. Amazon has the subtitled series for sale, but its $70 rite now. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B004I4SBKK/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=all
As for this film, i enjoyed time of eve, so I'm definitely gonna check this movie out.
As an aside Gkids typically releases foreign animated films, and they also released From Up On Poppy Hill. They have a Letter to Momo, and I believe they are releasing Takahatas newest Ghibli movie. It'd be cool if they released this movie on video here too.
DianeWorld

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:20 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I saw Patema Inverted when it screened at the NYICFF a few weeks ago. I will say I enjoyed the film.

I would have enjoyed another anime, much shorter, less over-the-top version of Patema that is hidden somewhere in the original. Also, my face would more intact because of decreased amount of facepalming.
Good plot idea, interesting industrial atmosphere, but its execution could be much better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2