• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Talks International Distribution for Death Note

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
(Info from various nations contributed by differnet users)

Basically, most countries in East/Southeast Asia and Continental Europe have longer and bigger manga businesses than US does. Wink

Last edited by dormcat on Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
sandra monte

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:49 am Reply with quote
Well...
According Viz, Death Note don´t arrives in Latin America for now.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Sandra Monte
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:40 am Reply with quote
Spikemcruffy wrote:
Well in the UK all Death Note Volumes are out as the same as America's imports.
I also saw the imported Death Box which I now own!
So basicly UK has got about the same if even more selection of Death Note available as america!!! Anime hyper

The so-called UK version of Death Note is actually the US imported version!

And in any case, Viz weren't even interested in the UK market until they saw how much money Tokyopop were making from selling their manga officially in the UK and even then, Viz's releases over here are half-hearted pieces of crap compared to the other English Language publishers that are at least willing to make a effort as far as the UK market is concerned such as Tanoshimi who distribute Del Rey's manga for example.

If there's one thing I find hypocritical about Viz is that they won't allow anybody outside North America to subscribe to Shonen Jump and yet they'll allow people from outside the continent to subscribe to Shojo Beat...
erinfinnegan
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:07 pm Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:
The so-called UK version of Death Note is actually the US imported version!

Yeah, I was going to say something about that - because I asked Viz if they planned to distribute Death Note in the U.K. and Ireland and they said they have "no plans at this time" to do so.

It's my understanding that Viz used to distribute to the U.K. and then stopped because of some weird issue with Daimond... but I I could be wrong on this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2