• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Parasyte Anime's 'Special Video' Posted, Additional Cast Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
They are putting seriose care in the animation. Nice.
The Avnegers ova they did was well directed(but not written) so guess the manga is in the right hands.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nadare Xizos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
The preview looks really good. I'm quite impressed with how smooth the animation is. I'm hopeful the gory battle scenes aren't toned down, but we'll see.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:26 pm Reply with quote
It looks crazy and brutal…and something the animators might have a field day working on. The movement and animation quirks invoke that feeling and reminds me of a higher-budgeted, '00s-style anime with indie/American-style traits to it (chiefly the emphasis on character movement, facial expressions, and fluidity), though the influence of Hiramatsu is heavy, despite him only doing the designs (which often happens in similar arrangements). Gruesome content and gore aren't my thing and I did not really care about the Parasyte manga, either, but the promo definitely has piqued my interests a great deal.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Glad Parasyte's back, but Migi got miscast.

And gotta stop misspelling MixxZine:

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2