• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
2nd Tokyo Ghoul Season's Title, Visual Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonryu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:02 am Reply with quote
^ The manga was licensed by Viz, I believe the first volume will be out summer 2015.

There was a lot of material from the manga left out of season one of the anime, so I think it'd be difficult to continue a faithful adaptation for season two, which is why they're going a different route. That's a shame, but that makes reading the manga all the more important (imo).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:04 am Reply with quote
Aside from the good visual and a weird title, we are not gonna figure out what the storyline is until a trailer is released.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:50 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Hameyadea wrote:

Damn. Didn't expect a math sign to be in the title. Has anything similar that been done before?

Alien³ or the √P manga. That is all.

Life of Pi
Wink
Hakura Seki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, hey! First of all I think the veiled person could be four persons: his old self, Touka, Rise, or Hide .
Hide
spoiler[The reason I think that person could be Hide is because in the manga in the Anteiku Raid Arc Kaneki looses controll of himslef and then Hide shows up and tells him: "I already knew about this let's go home." the thing is that no one, but Ishida Sui, knows whether he lives or Kaneki kills him.]
Touka
spoiler[It could be Touka too because since it is totally different from the manga it may be that she did die in the Kirishima vs. Kirishima battle.]
Rize
spoiler[I have too main reasons to think it is Rize: 1) In the manga she never died so maybe Kaneki killed her or whatever, 2) maybe it is Kaneki's way of telling her that he can controll his own body, again.]
Kaneki
Well, why I think it is his old self isn't a spoiler. So, it was pretty obvious that he changed physically and mentally. Btw, why was he in Anteiku's uniform one second and the other he was in a black shirt and white shorts? Whatever, anime logic. Getting back to the point, it could be his way of telling no more sufferment and pain.

About tittle, I don't like the square root in the tittle because... I just guess it is not of my liking. I think root a stands for both the origin of Anteiku and Aogiri Tree. spoiler[Considering that in the manga Mr. Yoshimura is the creator of both Anteiku and Aogiri.]

I personally hope that it is about the origin of Anteiku because I was left in the worst clifhanger about the meaning of a it. Though doing an extensive research (stalking), I discovered that it's Kanji means peaceful and harmony, it is said that the first scan wasn't completely revised and that it said that Anteiku means home, and my personal opinion is that it means Ukina and Eto spoiler[since they were Mr. Manager's family. ]

If you've only seen the first episode, give it a chance. I swear that later on you won't care about all the gore spoiler[ except that uncensored twisting leg in the last battle. Confused ] You begin to see what is really important in life or in "This Wrong World"

Ahead some uncensored spoilers about the trailers read at your own risk:

I hope this isn't cancelled or delisted, again. Mad
After seeing the a "teaser trailer" I realized that the tunel they were in was the same and Dr. Kanou's "secret" tunnels under his "mansion". And after seeing the second trailer I realized it was full of spoilers: Kaneki's kakuha mask, Ukina (the main reason why I think it is about Anteiku's origin), my favorite yaoi parts: Kaneki x Hide, the final fight between Amon and Kaneki, and the very last episode of the Anteiku destruction and his death monologue. (It is actually Arima and Kaneki in the huge amount of death.), the ignored "Devil Ape"(Enji Koma) and the almost invisible "Black Dog"(Kaya Irimi), and the last mayor spoiler in the trailer (for me) Rize at the begining sitting down alone. Does it means that she is still alive in Kaneki's conscience? Tell you something? Read the manga for the uncensored scenes. Very Happy And for a better and deeper view in their lives.

-Peace out!
Hakura Seki <3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2