• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voltron Returns to Cartoon Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:21 am Reply with quote
Awesome.

BTW: the DVD's are an absolute steal and the remastering is fantastic. Plus, you get the cool stackable tin covers
emory

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:06 pm Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:
I might not even have been posting here if it weren't for Voltron! They started my addiction. But CN, this is another show that doesn't belong on AS. It belongs in Toonami.

Something tells me it's a little too old.
DarkCntry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:31 pm Reply with quote
This is rather odd, Anime Selects VOD has also started running Voltron on it for Comcast subscribers.
Toneloak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Man i wish they would put G-Force(Gatchaman) back on they've just been remastered S1 it's a perfect time for a airing, then some Robotech now we have a good time. BTW, what the hell happened to all the Macross series and movies with some of the best music in anime history? I had some hope we they started airing Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I think if they want to go old school I would like something plus the campy-ness of Voltron.

To me there is like ten years and a couple hundred more animes perfected for the US market being passed up by licensing companies.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:23 am Reply with quote
Toneloak wrote:
Man i wish they would put G-Force(Gatchaman) back on they've just been remastered S1 it's a perfect time for a airing, then some Robotech now we have a good time. BTW, what the hell happened to all the Macross series and movies with some of the best music in anime history? I had some hope we they started airing Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Well if you want to watch Evangelion on tv, make sure you have Anime Network, they are running it on the Giant Robot block(Monday & Thursday)

And it's not Gatchaman but Battle of the Planets is running on the Old School block(weekdays 4pm-6pm) at 5:30 pm alongside Robotech, Aura Battler Dunbine and Nadia.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
The Seventh Son

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:39 pm Reply with quote
THIS ****ING ROCKS!!!!

i must see this. it was my first ever anime back in 1990, i was like 3. i have not seen it since then. this is a vital chunk of my early years

but i might not, cause if i saw the level of butchery, i probably would cry until i puked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2