• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Duel Masters Versus Revolution TV Anime to Premiere in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:27 pm Reply with quote
This looks more like a cartoon for children than a shounen aimed at teens...
gloverrandal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:44 pm Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
This looks more like a cartoon for children than a shounen aimed at teens...

Well shounen anime is for children in Japan, it's only when people apply western standard to them that they think it's for teenagers and adults because that kind of content is not allowed in our children's shows. To me the preview looks no more ridiculous than One Piece or Bobobo.
vanessachow.jiaying

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:59 am Reply with quote
As a Duel Masters fan from Asia,I can understand why the series does not continue. First,there might be some bloodshed in the later series and a lot of things are at stake. Point out that only from Cross to Victory V series,the episodes are in between 10-15 minutes long and resumes to the usual 24 minutes from the Victory V3 series onward. Count lucky that only Versus series can be seen in some anime sites but no subs,unless you know the game and cards well.

I kind of quit the series but I watched Duel Masters again after watching the Versus series. Like the protagonist Katta over his brother Shobu in terms of progression. He starts off as a loner who hates the game and his brother due to his disappearance in the Victory series to a strong duelist like Shobu,making new friends and rivals and fights to protect his friends. He also no longer hates his brother Shobu.The series does not disappoint as the past lead Shobu had appeared in the Versus series and might have more screen time,especially when one of the former antagonist,Benny Haha made a comeback in this series.Some of the former fans might have a surprise in seeing his current appearance in the Versus series.

I kind of prefer the anime should be subbed instead of dubbed but I am alright with it as I can understand the cards and the game in the episode from the wiki.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2