• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Anime's Tartarus Arc Begins This Spring

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
immblueversion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:32 pm Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
The amount of censorship could make or break this arc. If A1 decide to cut out all the nudity, which, was actually needed in this arc as it wasn't just plain fan service , it served a purpose of humility and torture, then I dread to think how bad this arc will get animated.

I have faith, but so far I'm on the fence.

Hey...remember when Lucy was turned butt naked by that dragon? Yeah...
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:23 am Reply with quote
By the way, I'm really impressed that Kodansha USA is now only one volume behind the Japanese original in terms of new tankoubon releases of Fairy Tail. Maybe within a year we could have the possibility the Japanese and English tankoubon volumes could be released effectively simultaneously? Cool
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:40 am Reply with quote
Oh FINALLY. This latest filler arc has just been so terrible.

Now someone kick the manga writer in the behind, we need enough chapters of Fairy Tail Zero for an OVA. Apparently s**t is really getting serious.
AnimeMachina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:49 am Reply with quote
Those of you that are reading the manga you know its going to be an awesome arc.Especially about Gray and Wendy Wink
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:14 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
This arc will last 24-26 episodes, then proceed with filler or "To be continued."

No, the Tartarus arc will be completed in the manga before the arc starts in the anime. The reason it happened last time was because the Grand Magic Games arc wasn't even completed in the manga when they started animating it. This time they made sure that the arc finishes in the manga before they animate it.

yappers4 wrote:
This is nice and all, but are they just going to skip over the Sun Village arc?

Well the Sun Village arc and Tartarus arc are pretty much connected. A lot of people out there actually consider them the same arc. Besides, it wouldn't work and it would make no sense if they skip the Sun Village arc.

904thehero1 wrote:
my guess, since they said they were adapting the second light novel, after that will probably be the sunshine village arc, which will probable be 4 or 5 episodes, then tarturus. I do not know how long the light novel is to guess how many episodes, but i am going to guess they will try to stretch it to make the anime last longer so it wont catch up to the manga

Well the light novel is 212 pages and divided into 9 scenes, 1 prologue and 1 epilogue. That's pretty much 11 scenes. I don't know how much a scene-to-chapter ratio is, but im guessing the anime will probably divide the light novel arc into maybe 2-3 scenes an episode.

NateSelwyn25 wrote:
Oh FINALLY. This latest filler arc has just been so terrible.

Now someone kick the manga writer in the behind, we need enough chapters of Fairy Tail Zero for an OVA. Apparently s**t is really getting serious.

Hiro Mashima a lazy writer? Really? Come on, he is working on 2 series at the same time. On top of that he is releasing 2 omake chapters. No other mangaka works on 2 series at once. What more do you want? Hiro Mashima is the opposite of lazy. In fact I've never seen another mangaka do more then he does.
DranzerX13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:35 pm Reply with quote
The chapter to episode list I wrote on page 1 of this thread is just speculation on how A-1 Pictures will handle the Tartarus arc. Usually 1-2 chapters an episode.
Anti-Hero94

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Actually Mashima is working on a few series at the same time. Fairy Tail, FT Zero, FT Ice Trail, and I believe one about Wendy.

And I cant wait for the Tartaros arc animated, especially with how it ends. It has steered away from the happy-go lucky type manga, to more serious. Its actually a little hard to believe the way it was through the first couple hundred chapters. You use to be able to predict whats gonna happen next, but with chapter 416, its going to feel wierd but refreshing at the same time lol.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Sacto0562 wrote:
By the way, I'm really impressed that Kodansha USA is now only one volume behind the Japanese original in terms of new tankoubon releases of Fairy Tail. Maybe within a year we could have the possibility the Japanese and English tankoubon volumes could be released effectively simultaneously? Cool

I give credit to the translators doing this since translation is a hard and time-consuming practice. Simultaneous digital releases a lot quicker.

The logistics of having a simultaneous phys. release is difficult and might require Kodansha USA have the master materials before even the Japanese tankoubon gets released.

I can see it making more sense if they wait at least a month before releasing an Eng. vol.
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:42 am Reply with quote
Anti-Hero94 wrote:
Actually Mashima is working on a few series at the same time. Fairy Tail, FT Zero, FT Ice Trail, and I believe one about Wendy.

No, Hiro Mashima is only working on Fairy Tail & Fairy Tail Zero. Ice Trail, Blue Mistral & Fairy Girls are all Fairy Tail spin-offs but aren't done by Hiro Mashima himself.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I think someone should start a petition to have the fairy tail anime remade so that it's 100% true to the manga. To me its not just the lack of fanservice thats the problem, there are violence scenes that are never added, a lot less blood is seen, the cloths aren't as badly damaged as they should be, the animators are too lazy to be more accurate and detailed when they're drawing the characters cloths, I mean com-on, Hiro puts soo much detail into the outfits and armor and they make them look so plain, plus the characters don't look as beat up as they should during a fight in the anime, in the manga they're covered in blood, dirt, wounds, and you can see how exhausted they are. The anime, in my opinion is not as well done as it should be. We should start a petition to start a Kickstarters campaign to have a mature version of the fairy tail anime made.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2