• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Section 23 Films Adds Patlabor Film, The World God Only Knows OVAs

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fathomlessblue

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:34 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

According to WTK at FandomPost, it will have the Bandai dub. I also wish they would include both dubs, since it's always interesting to compare and I hear the Manga UK dubs are classics.

Unless they affix an 'and...' to the end of that first sentence, I'll pass. I already have the Bandai sets as shelf pieces I don't actually use. I don't need more, especially since there are fanrips of the Japanese sets in existence with the original dub added. Who knows, maybe Manga Ent. will eventually release the movies in the UK with their dub. Judging my how lazy they've become in the last six months, I suspect they'll be straight up transfers of the Section 23 disks, if they get released at all.
NorbieH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:56 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

According to WTK at FandomPost, it will have the Bandai dub. I also wish they would include both dubs, since it's always interesting to compare and I hear the Manga UK dubs are classics.

Have Sentai ever released a show with 2 English dubs if two were ever created?

A few deluxe editions have already been released by Sentai and I'd be interested to see if the PATLABOR movies was released in such an edition. Although I already have those Bandai limited editions (if you are a fan of the series/movies and you don't, why! Evil or Very Mad ) so I don't think they can do anything new for me unless they release something like the super dooper edition of Macross: Do You Remember Love.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:06 pm Reply with quote
NorbieH wrote:

Have Sentai ever released a show with 2 English dubs if two were ever created?

They did for Appleseed and Grave of the Fireflies, though in both cases one of the dubs was a new one that they made for the release.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Happy to see the OVAs were picked up for TWGOK. Would have been nice to have it with the 3rd season, but better that then nothing.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Awesome that Sentai got The World God Only Knows OVAs as well. The Tenri episodes are kinda important because that's her first appearance, however she plays a major role in season 3 and would seemingly have come out of nowhere if one hadn't seen the OVA first.
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering when they're going to get the OVA, BTW in the English dub it's going to be weird seeing Kanon and Chihiro in the same room seeing that they're both voiced by Brittney Karbowski (that is unless Serena Varghese comes back but I'm not holding my breath)
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:13 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
I was wondering when they're going to get the OVA, BTW in the English dub it's going to be weird seeing Kanon and Chihiro in the same room seeing that they're both voiced by Brittney Karbowski (that is unless Serena Varghese comes back but I'm not holding my breath)

At least it would be doubly in compliance with the Brittney Karbowski Full Employment Act of 2008 Smile

Defintely will hold off on rewatching Season 3 until I watch the Tenri OVAs.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:20 pm Reply with quote
And here I bought both Patlabor dubs last year on DVD at a pittance since those special editions dropped the price down on all versions and now this.

I heard that Bandai redubbed the movies since the Japanese company wouldn't allow the original dub to be used so that one's obviously justified. As for the other one, I had to stop it when I got to the line, "Sam Regal isn't f****** Ohta!"

But to be fair, that was my line.

If I bought the BD just to hear that on the English language track, I'd be a little more than disappointed.
Ronolo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Well, I am glad Sentai got the OAV's to the World God only knows. The sad part is what do I do with the Imports I just picked up last month?

Since it has been a couple of years since it was released in Japan. I just grew impatient and paid for imports. Of course there are no English Subtitles, and it is a legal way of viewing it. I guess I can use it to compare in case they sent over an edited version.

How about this Sentai? I give you my imports, and you can give me a copy of the NA release?
kanonforever

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Happy to hear more chris patton and get more of brittney karbowski love her voice
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand the point of the Ninja Scroll film re-release. If the price is the same as the 2013 solicitation then what makes this upcoming one different....?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NorbieH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
I don't understand the point of the Ninja Scroll film re-release. If the price is the same as the 2013 solicitation then what makes this upcoming one different....?

Back in the news and therefore people are talking about it again?
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:34 pm Reply with quote
NorbieH wrote:
Rukiia wrote:

I guess...? Just seems random.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:54 am Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
Wait, they managed to get The World God Only Knows' OVAs?

Very yes.

This. I recently got around to buying seasons 1&2 from Madman. If they don't end up bringing in season 3 or the OVAs to Australia, Sentai will have more of my money.

I feel like Sentai have been doing that a lot...
NorbieH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:00 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2