• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Steins;Gate's PS3/PS Vita Editions Coming to N. America in August

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizuchan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Argh, I already bought the LE PC version, but this one looks better. And I want that Upa so bad. But I don't really have any desire to play VNs on console so the actual game would be worthless to me. But, the Upa... Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
IanC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:22 pm Reply with quote
If you haven't played it yet, you are in for a treat.
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Even though I live in America, I went ahead and bought the European version when it went up on their site and ANN reported it (good thing too, it's sold out on their website right now). Though my Metal Upa only has 3 legs, is that normal? I'm guessing it's not but... not sure what I can do about it either. Good thing the PS3s are region free on games (unless the game itself decides not to be, but that's, what, less than 5?)
xBTAx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:50 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Even though I live in America, I went ahead and bought the European version when it went up on their site and ANN reported it (good thing too, it's sold out on their website right now). Though my Metal Upa only has 3 legs, is that normal? I'm guessing it's not but... not sure what I can do about it either. Good thing the PS3s are region free on games (unless the game itself decides not to be, but that's, what, less than 5?)

Only Persona 4 Arena comes to mind as far as region locked PS3 games go, and I'm not even sure about its sequel.
DillMan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:57 am Reply with quote
I do not really understand how this is releasing. Is Rice Digital the only place selling the game? I have never heard of Rice Digital or PQube, but Rice appears to be a UK thing. Will there be U.S. websites that still sells the special edition?

Usually I just search Amazon and it has everything ... not this though, thus my confusion.
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:25 pm Reply with quote
is this going to be english dubbed or japanese ?
Manwards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:06 am Reply with quote
ShanaChanTT wrote:
is this going to be english dubbed or japanese ?

Japanese with English subtitles. There is SO much dialogue in this game. A small company would never be afford to dub it. The Japanese voice acting is superb, though, and the subtitles flow really naturally and strike the right balance between accuracy and readability.

I've completed the JAST PC release twice, but I'm tempted to double-dip and get one of the console ports (probably the Vita), if only to support the effort. Niche genres like this won't be released if people don't buy them, after all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2