• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aria the Scarlet Ammo Double A (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:35 am Reply with quote
Akari's opponent is pretty annoying imo, hope she and her friends shut them up. And anyways, this week's episode is more of a setup for the next episode.

I can't help but laugh at Akari's training session though. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Ughhh the ojousama laugh is one of my least favorite anime trope. I am glad and surprised there was no such thing in Shomin Sample yet.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:21 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Ughhh the ojousama laugh is one of my least favorite anime trope. I am glad and surprised there was no such thing in Shomin Sample yet.

I found the intro to be amusing because the twins were ordered to laugh in her place "I'm so rich, I have other girls laugh FOR me".
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:37 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

Really, because I was actually happy to hear again the cliché ear splitting laughter. It makes a show know that it is being a bit silly with its idea of an ojousama.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Nope just sounds too annoying, but there has been some rare cases where it sounds cute.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Akari's opponent is pretty annoying imo, hope she and her friends shut them up.

Usually when they set up this obvious underdog situation with a "training" session there is some clue as to the hidden asset that lets the underdogs pull off a surprise win in the end. This time I confess I didn't see it.

The training session looked mostly like goofing around and that mechanical horse thing just seemed dumb.

Given all that it seems quite believable Akari is having anxiety-driven dreams about washing out. She really is a low-talent wimp.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Reki spotted again this season. I wonder why she has no lines though? The match was pretty meh, didn't really enjoy it except for the ninja girl.

Got a feeling they will be facing against Riko sometimes in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
The match was pretty meh, didn't really enjoy it except for the ninja girl.

Meh? That was one of the most stupid battle episodes I have ever seen. "Meh" just doesn't do it justice.

The bad guys did everything they could possibly do to lose. The good guys could hardly have been any more inept. (yeah just stand there and let the enemy take potshots at you with a long-barreled pistol far more accurate than anything you've got.) The win was as phony as a 3 yen coin.

What a waste of time that was. I should have done the dishes instead.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:48 am Reply with quote
The only smart move I would say was not actually burying the flag despite the evidence doing so, although that was from the youngest person, who knows deception.

Why is she even using the gun? It was not quite like either had the necessary aim too in hitting each other.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:41 am Reply with quote
Raika had way too much "fun" this week. Also, Reki finally gets some lines in the sow. About time!
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Raika had way too much "fun" this week.

Well I am glad someone did. This anime has devolved to nearly total pointlessness.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Yeah the past 2 episodes were disappointing. I am sure I have seen better fight choreographies from kid shows. The last episode was just jealous yuri bait.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:25 am Reply with quote
Those censored words....

Will Akari ever find out what they meant?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Man, Akari is such a stud with the ladies though Raika might have a better edge and harem protagonist power than her! Laughing

Now if only these loving aspects were combined with some the explicit yuri loving found in Valkyrie Drive, we might get something that is a rare, guilty-pleasure special.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Might be cliché, but Akari's adorable cluelessness to her "friends'" intentions made the episode for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4