• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon XY & Z TV Anime to Premiere on October 29

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Next Time on Pokemon Z!!!

Will ash finally capture a new Dragon-Type Pokemon related to the legendary Zygarde!? STAT TUNED TO FIND OUT!!

Sorry I just couldn't help myself everyone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

Will ash finally capture a new Dragon-Type Pokemon related to the legendary Zygarde!? STAT TUNED TO FIND OUT!!

Find out on the next exciting episode of Pokemon x-y-AND Z!!
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if this is basically a lot like Best Wishes Season 2, but a third game featuring Zygarde is something that's likely to happen.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:45 pm Reply with quote
I am actually surprised they allowed Ash to actually have a fully evolved main team water pokemon. Squirtle, Tototdile, Corphish, Buizel, Oshawatt not a one of them was allowed to evolve. His only water type pokemon to ever evolve was Krabby into Kingler and he used Kingler like at most 3-4 times the entire series.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:00 pm Reply with quote
^ Prolly because those starter (minus Buizel and Corphish) were popular.

It seems to be a rule in the franchise where, if a starter Pokémon is hugely popular, it won't evolve. Oshawott was hugely popular in Japan; I remember going to the Pokémon Center in Tokyo and watching child after child pick up an Oshawott doll to buy.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
It seems to be a rule in the franchise where, if a starter Pokémon is hugely popular, it won't evolve. Oshawott was hugely popular in Japan; I remember going to the Pokémon Center in Tokyo and watching child after child pick up an Oshawott doll to buy.

Not just starters, but basically any Pokémon, hell he's had a Pikachu so long that the franchise bends over backwards to ignore Raichu at this point.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:44 pm Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
Not just starters, but basically any Pokémon, hell he's had a Pikachu so long that the franchise bends over backwards to ignore Raichu at this point.

Raichu did make his appearance in Episode 65, Good Friends, Great Training.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:16 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:

Sure, a recurring character who appears like once every 20 episodes has a Raichu, but I mean in a greater since in the series as a whole. There's been at least three instances in games canon where you can't evolve a "special" Pikachu into Raichu, Pikachu has an exclusive item (Light Ball) that Raichu cannot use that essentially raises it's stats, Pikachu obviously has more merch and is much more visible than Raichu, and at least twice in the anime Pikachu has outright refused to evolve into a Raichu before defeating one handily.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:27 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
^ Prolly because those starter (minus Buizel and Corphish) were popular.

That is probably why the Sinnoh region seasons were my favorites. They actually allowed Ash to evolve his pokemon his main team was filled with almost all fully evolved pokemon. Infernape, Torterra, Staraptor, and Gliscor and he even caught his first psuedo legendary in Gible. Then they kicked Ash back to square one in the next region and he hasn't gotten much better being surprised by pokemon he has seen tons of times or confused by stuff he should know.

The creator of Pokemon Satoshi Tajiri's vision for the anime always sounded better to me. A character more like the manga character Red who wanted to become a pokemon master with a sense of justice. The exact same as Ash but he would actually catch and evolve pokemon and would grow up. Maybe as time went on a new main character would be introduced with a new region to maybe replace Red so it would make sense losing to the first gym leader in a region with not level a 100 Pikachu but their low level new starter.

I get it the producers of the anime want this eternal 10 year old to be the proxy for the kids in Japan but it still annoys me with his character.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:54 am Reply with quote

*WHEEZING* Laughing
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:34 am Reply with quote
Huh. Can't believe I didn't notices it before, but Ash's Noibat evolves into Noivern.

Now let's see Ash release this one Neutral
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:44 pm Reply with quote
PokeBall Z confirmed, Toonami should pick this up
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:05 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

*WHEEZING* Laughing

I'm just going to leave this right here..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
Huh. Can't believe I didn't notices it before, but Ash's Noibat evolves into Noivern.

Now let's see Ash release this one Neutral

Knowing Ash he will
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:20 am Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
Whew! I'm just glad that blob thin isn't a new Pokemon.

I had a feeling it was Zygarde-related, but I thought it was a separate Pokémon, not evolutionarily a part of Zygarde's line, based on planaria. It would've been an interesting creature to draw inspiration from.

Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Perhaps "Pokémon Z" really is a possibility...

I'm willing to bet Zygarde's Perfect Form will be as devastating as Kyurem's Black and White Forms.

If you think about it, Kyurem is not done yet. Depending on which game you consider canon, Kyurem either absorbed Reshiram or Zekrom but not the other. Kyurem's origin was that they BOTH split off from it, and Kyurem wants to absorb them both back.

Mr. Oshawott wrote:
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:

I should also point out that the TCG has released a Raichu card at least 45 times. Raichu is one of the most frequently-appearing Pokémon in the card game. Pikachu is rarely featured without Raichu somewhere else in that set.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3