• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Steins;Gate Anime's Rebroadcast Takes Different Route

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:25 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
To me, that movie felt unnecessary. The series was complete at 24 episodes, and it ended on a beautiful note too. It was one of the best harem anime ever (and if you removed the harem element, I think the anime would have only been better for it, but it didn't bother me as much as it did some other people). The special episode (episode 25) was okay, but it was a little odd to leave the show off on that. I thought the movie might fix that. It didn't. It wasn't like The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Instead, it felt like a movie that had no reason to exist due to the entire premise of the plot. There were a few interesting things, like the... motivation for Okabe's original Hououin Kyouma persona being spoiler[Kurisu], but that could have been handled so much better.

I was actually really disappointed when I heard that the light novel got cancelled, so this was an excellent bit of news.

I was disappointed when the light novel got canceled because thats the true sequel to this the anime 7 years later with Kurisu being rescued and Amane coming back from the future. But that series is scrapped. 0 is the new thing/ fad.
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:28 pm Reply with quote
*...Ame to Yuki...* wrote:
That's better. Mayuri slapping Okabe was one of the dumbest out-of-character choices they made in the anime tbh, it is more realistic this way. Looking forward to the new story now.

by smacking okabe and snapping him out of his funk her usual ditzy stupid tututuru attitude was shun by many and her being mature for a change and telling him what he needed to hear was a great change and a step up of her char. THis altnerate and new 0 series coming up is just a way to milk money/ create more scenarios.

because of this new scene Amane never gives Okabe the final message the future self sends to Okabe and idk about you but that scene was pretty moving/ epic followed by the ending song by Kanako Itō. RIP
zensunni

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
If these are the set-up for 0, I hope Funi picks it up and puts it out there for us before the new anime!
Chichiryuutei

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to Steins;Gate 0. I knew it had to be about spoiler[Okabe not saving Kurisu] but seeing now they made it happened gave me... goosebumps!

I hope they go all the way and comeback full circle with this Okabe been the one that create the Steins;Gate video and sends it back in time with Suzuha to his younger self hoping that he'd do what he didn't and save Kurisu. I think it'd be great to see that happen.

To be honest, Steins;Gate doesn't need any prequels or sequels just an expansion of the events in the TV series. It had a perfect ending and we all got what we wanted spoiler[KurisuxOkabe.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2