• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy VII Remake Team Elaborates on Changes, Confirms Cross-Dressing Cloud

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
I had a feeling something about Aqua was gonna be in there. I'd like to see her original design, but I imagine it isn't floating around on the internet. Not that I'm unsatisfied with her final design.

Here you go. It wasn't that different but this is a disney game.
RoverTX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:13 pm Reply with quote
It sounds like they are going to be using a combat system very similar to FFXII, which I am totally fine with, and was the direction I thought they where going for from the video.
Remington Steele

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I'm fine with some redesigns, but even in a realistic setting why would someone were sunglasses in the dark?

Emerje

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56HSPQHSqEE Maybe this will halp. :p

I also think they will make cross dressing Cloud look like Lightning. I think was mentioned their universes/worlds were connected in some way in some past interview.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
I had a feeling something about Aqua was gonna be in there. I'd like to see her original design, but I imagine it isn't floating around on the internet. Not that I'm unsatisfied with her final design.

Lili already gave it to you, but since it's blurry, I thought you'd like to see it in all it's glory.

http://www.khwiki.com/images/5/5c/AquaPrecensor.png
Nyren

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:41 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Nyren wrote:

Lili already gave it to you, but since it's blurry, I thought you'd like to see it in all it's glory.

http://www.khwiki.com/images/5/5c/AquaPrecensor.png
So all they did was add some more cloth to the back? Eh, that's not so bad as far as censorship goes, and either way it didn't change much.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
There's a little bit of confusion about Nomura's position in this article. While Nomura is directing Final Fantasy VII Remake, he is not returning to the role. Final Fantasy VII Remake's Producer, Yoshinori Kitase, is the original Final Fantasy VII's director. Nomura was simply the lead character designer on the original and I think he had a little input on the story.

Thanks for that. We've now clarified his role in the original game and fixed all previous articles on the subject.
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Remington Steele wrote:
Emerje wrote:
I'm fine with some redesigns, but even in a realistic setting why would someone were sunglasses in the dark?

Emerje

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56HSPQHSqEE Maybe this will halp. :p

I also think they will make cross dressing Cloud look like Lightning. I think was mentioned their universes/worlds were connected in some way in some past interview.

Lmao that just reminded me... I really hope you can still date Barrett!!

So glad to hear about the crossdressing though. Corneo can't resist moe cloud's charms.....

enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:19 am Reply with quote
Murder, She wrote:

When talking about the changes in the story, Nomura said that "Those who've played the original game will know the important points of the story inside and out, but we're making the story in such a way that it will still surprise those people."

They probably kept the secret code (which everybody knows about) so ya can play Aerith on the 3rd disc. Twisted Evil
CycloneSP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:43 am Reply with quote
isn't the FF7 universe also connected to the FFX universe?

I remember reading some cool analysis that claimed that FFX occurred a couple of 1000 of years before FF7 or somethin like that.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:44 am Reply with quote
I wonder what Cloud as Thunderhead would look like when he's competing against Aerith and Tifa. Will Thunderhead retain her pigtails and pants?

Playing the Neptunia franchise and reading the names Square Enix, CyberConnect2 and Famitsu remind me of certain characters.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:33 am Reply with quote
Who cares about cross-dressing Cloud and that one was already confirmed. Will Red XIII dress up as a human and what about Barret´s sexy sailor uniform? The populous must know!

I also looked at the 2006 trailer for the remake (i saw it one a live stream back then...) and the leaps in graphical fidelity are noticeable. They will need to work on the frame rate though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:57 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvKs2VLmVnY

RoverTX wrote:
It sounds like they are going to be using a combat system very similar to FFXII, which I am totally fine with, and was the direction I thought they where going for from the video.

I'd like that, too. One of the many annoying features about XIII was its replacement of gambits, especially for the controlled character. I got really tired of mashing X all the time in that game. I much preferred to set up my characters the way I wanted in XII and let them have at it.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:

Kind of doubt that's going to be true except that 6-hour "full games" do get made these days.

Some old school habits die hard.

Kougeru wrote:

As for the things regarding A Certain Maaya Sakamoto character...... chancing the (main) story at all would be an AWFUL idea and an insult to the work. A what-if DLC or something, I can agree with being a decent idea. But as part of the main game? Don't touch it. It was pivotal moment in gaming history and needs to remain in-tact.

It's also one of the most overrated and overexposed moments in gaming history.
Remington Steele

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:28 pm Reply with quote
CycloneSP wrote:
isn't the FF7 universe also connected to the FFX universe?

I remember reading some cool analysis that claimed that FFX occurred a couple of 1000 of years before FF7 or somethin like that.

Ya the Shinra in FFVII are suppose to be descendants of the Shinra from FFX/FFX-2. Same universe different world(s). I know, it's a lot to remember.
Guile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:02 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
It's also one of the most overrated and overexposed moments in gaming history.

FFVII was the game that put JRPGs on the map in west. Before then, they were pretty niche. I agree that games have been doing main character deaths for a long time, and I think games like Lufia 2 and Phantasy Star IV handled them better, but for most people it was their first exposure to a main character dying for good in a game like that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3