• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Lists Kingdom Season 2, C3 Anime Home Video Releases

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
I'm glad C Cubed is getting released but since it's sub only BD, I'm not buying it because I don't buy substandard products for my BD set up that are just the sub only streams. So nothing's changed for me. Peachy.

So, in accordance with Sentai's "I can't believe they dubbed {blank} and not this" selection process, here's a few of Funi's mistakes.

Aria the Scarlet Ammo
We Without Wings
The Dragon one.
The one with the stories about heroes. Wait, is that Legend of Legendary Heroes or do I mean Hero Tales? Trick question, it's both.

After years of waiting, I am kind of bitter about it. Beautiful show, shame we can't run it without the subs...

Nuuuu!! I loved Aria and We Without Wings! Dont take my dubs away from them! ;D Will be devestated if the new Aria doesn't get dubbed so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed Very Happy
razisgosu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Still waiting for Maken Ki Season 2.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
So what funi is on the sub only train now?

yes, for a couple years now
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:33 pm Reply with quote
I like how FUNi doesn't dub, like, less than five shows total in it's 20+ year existence and people scream like it is end times.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I've had to make peace with the fact that they won't release the rest of xxxHolic.
I've had to make peace with it as well. It's sad that the first series didn't do as well as hoped, as I felt like the second series and the OVAs were far stronger pieces.

Although it would be nice if Sentai would pick it up as they have done with some of Funi's other dropped and discontinued releases, like Hell Girl or The Familiar of Zero.
DDragonking

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see C3 getting the home release treatment and now all I can do is hope and pray that they release symphogear for home release if not dub then sub because I know a lot of people would buy that
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:12 am Reply with quote
Wait, you mean there were more than 5 other people besides me who watched Kingdom outside of Japan? O.O I can't believe it's getting a video release, let alone a dub (I missed the 1st season announcement)! Also curious about the default swap of the audio tracks. If the dub's awful, then I guess that's fine, but why bother with a dub if it's so bad you want to hide it?

I wish it would get another season or two. There must be enough manga material by now.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:28 am Reply with quote
I'm still a huge Funimation fan even if they don't Dub shows that they know they won't make their money back on. Rolling Eyes
TheMorry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:19 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:
I've had to make peace with the fact that they won't release the rest of xxxHolic.
I've had to make peace with it as well. It's sad that the first series didn't do as well as hoped, as I felt like the second series and the OVAs were far stronger pieces.

Although it would be nice if Sentai would pick it up as they have done with some of Funi's other dropped and discontinued releases, like Hell Girl or The Familiar of Zero.
Its nice if Sentai pick up dropped Funimation titles. But for me its no use if they do not dub them. I love those 2 series so much. Hell, before The Familiar of Zero i disliked subs with a passion(blame DBZ for that), but i saw S2 to 4 in subs. I hope Sentai ever goes back and dub the remaining seasons.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:15 am Reply with quote
I honestly didn't know the first season of Kingdom was even released, let alone dubbed.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:42 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:

Its nice if Sentai pick up dropped Funimation titles. But for me its no use if they do not dub them. I love those 2 series so much. Hell, before The Familiar of Zero i disliked subs with a passion(blame DBZ for that), but i saw S2 to 4 in subs. I hope Sentai ever goes back and dub the remaining seasons.
Well, if they sell well enough Sentai might go back and dub them. They've done that with several of their sub-only releases. I know I'd love for a Kobato dub, but I don't think that'll be happening any time soon.

I personally prefer dubs, but honestly in the case of xxxHolic, I'd be happy with whatever I get if it meant getting Kei and the OVAs a NA release. It helps that I love both the sub and dub casts for this particular series, so I wouldn't bother with being picky. Razz
levonr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Any update on the Kingdom dub company or cast?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2