• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One-Punch Man Creator's Mob Psycho 100 Anime Presents Teaser Video With Cast, Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uguu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
Art style looks awful but I guess that's the point of ONE's style. The animation looked pretty good near the end though. Will definitely give it a watch based off of the staff alone.

ONE's art is meant to have a weird naive look to it, not be "awful". He wouldn't put thought into things like composition otherwise.

He doesn't care much about things like anatomy and general solidity but he's good at pretty much all the elements of art that people ignore.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Well it's Bones, so I'm sure it'll be awesome. I just hope we get a second season to One-Punch Man next year.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:28 pm Reply with quote
That trailer was FIRE!!!!! Can't wait.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy, ohhh boy. I can feel it you guys. This anime is going to be awesome.

I've heard the manga is actually better than One Punch Man from some avid readers, which only sets my expectations even higher. I'd definitely read it if they released it in English. Oh yeah, and I love the style of the show, at least what I can gather its like from this teaser. It's cool to see what looks relatively faithful to ONE's art in animated form.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Wow looks like he's getting another story animated. Now this is great news indeed. And it's got the insane, hyper grittiness that OPM had.
Naotomato

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
Art style looks awful but I guess that's the point of ONE's style. The animation looked pretty good near the end though. Will definitely give it a watch based off of the staff alone.

Ping Pong had a horrible art style but is considered one of the greatest anime series of that season (or in general) so art isn't always everything.

I'm excited because the storyline is pretty good and the characters.
GeneStriker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote
Now THIS looks promising. Everything about that art style feels raw and visceral, and I'm loving it. Count me in.
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:59 am Reply with quote
Oh, i'll be watching this I can assure you! Now, about getting the manga licensed...
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:06 am Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
Art style looks awful but I guess that's the point of ONE's style.

Agree about it looking awful, but is that really the point of the style?

Either way, I do feel like it is a style that may take me getting used to. I've read comics that, personally, I'd say have a worse art style...but still enjoyed the read.

Will check this one out. I liked OPM well enough, that I do want to watch this.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:00 am Reply with quote
I'm excited for more awesome from the OPM creator.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Amaranth Sparrow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:26 am Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:

Well, it's not the point exactly. It's not a schtick or something; he's just not a very talented artist and has chosen to make manga in spite of that fact. He compensates for his bad artwork with writing and composition, so his talents shine through.

He's frankly improved leaps and bounds since the original One-Punch Man webcomic, but this is a guy who without the advent of the internet and webcomics would probably have never had a shot at becoming a mangaka.
Somewhere

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Artwork-wise, ONE does have a good talent at making his art work, so to speak. As much as it looks worse on the surface to most other published works, it's actually still very functional. It's not something I would consciously know, but I've seen praise from around for his paneling. I personally like the clarity; what is being shown to us, and what is meant to be shown to us, tends to be quite clear (as opposed to say, some other mangaka who are otherwise good artists but can get just plain messy when the scene gets too hectic). And there's something about the style that just 'fits' with his writing. He also makes consistently solid choices on deciding what to depict, which is probably one of those 'if it's bad, you'll notice it, if it's not, you won't' sort of things.
As3ann

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Loving the preview animation already!
Now that I think about it, Takahiro Sakurai is really something. Still really prolific and getting new main roles here and there despite in his 40s. well i do think his type of voice can be placed into anything
shuurinn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:46 pm Reply with quote
I approve of Sakurai as Reigen, lol.

There is virtually nothing on Mob's seiyuu though. Looks like it's a newcomer.

As for the anime, I have higher hopes of this than the ONE PUNCH Man anime. It certainly retains ONE's unique style instead of the Arata art that ONE PUNCH Man has been relegated to.

And in my opinion, MOB Psycho 100's story-line is better than 1PM, hand's down.
russ869

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Good god! It's the exact same stupid joke. Instead of "One Punch Man" this might as well be titled "One Psychic-Blast Boy."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3