• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: planetarian Anime Project Revealed as Both 5-Episode Net Anime & Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:35 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Well i aint familiar with the VN stuff, but since that movie gonna be some side-story couldnt they just fuse that somewhere between then to make it a normal 12ep lenght anime or is the story that different that they cant use both things together?

Kinda. It's the LN sequel of Planetarian VN with a real big time-skip... and it's also short one (shorter that the VN), so there isn't a much material to do even with that.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:51 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:
Well i aint familiar with the VN stuff, but since that movie gonna be some side-story couldnt they just fuse that somewhere between then to make it a normal 12ep lenght anime or is the story that different that they cant use both things together?

Kinda. It's the LN sequel of Planetarian VN with a real big time-skip... and it's also short one (shorter that the VN), so there isn't a much material to do even with that.

Aha well its good to know that its a sequel then, because i was worried they would finish the story with thoose 5ep and then at movie they would use some side shizzle that happened there in between of the thoose 5ep. Anyway looking forward to it Smile
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Looks great! I'm looking forward to this Very Happy
Via_01

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:16 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:

It's a side story, but also a sort of indirect sequel to the events of the VN. It'd be pretty awkward to have 5 episodes of a story with both a beginning, middle and end, and then suddenly just jump into a different plot. "This is the end... except it's not. Even if it's clearly an ending, you'll have to accept it as a middle." Nah, it wouldn't work. That's like having Star Wars IV and V as a single movie, but without changing any of the story to make it feel like an individual entry.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:42 pm Reply with quote
synaia wrote:
The certain woman's story should be planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume (and not Hoshi no Hito)

Thanks! It's been fixed.
Texas84

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:03 pm Reply with quote
A movie? Great. we'll probably see this in the USA in about 10 years.

And again, there is material beyond the VN. I'm not going to discuss it here because it would be a spoiler. If you have watched the VN you should at least know the potential.

I bet the movie is just a reboot of the anime. Maybe if this is a big hit they will do some of the post-VN material.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:29 pm Reply with quote
The movie name, Hoshi no Hito, is the same name as the drama CD adaptation of the sequel novel. In other words, it will almost certainly be the "post-VN material" you're referring to.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:08 am Reply with quote
Texas84 wrote:
I bet the movie is just a reboot of the anime.

From the article:
Quote:
The net anime will adapt the main game's story, and the film will be "another story" about what happens to Kuzuya afterward.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2