• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream D. Gray-man, Servamp, Tales of Zestiria, Danganronpa 3, Love Live! Sunshi

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Tales of Zestiria the X was a surprise to see considering aniplex has gotten most of ufotable shows and i pretty much new they where gonna get hanada-kun since they got barakomon. Its a pretty solid line up i guess, know im just waiting on sentai to announce food wars season 2.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Once again I am reminded that I must have terrible taste, because it appears Funimation has licensed the majority of the shows I am looking forward to next season. Laughing

On the one hand I'm glad that I still have my subscription since I had been thinking that Funi hasn't had a lot of great shows the past couple of seasons, but on the other, Crunchyroll's player is just so much better, that alone makes me kinda sad when Funi gets the simulcast.

Love Live is a real surprise though, but it makes sense that a bigger company would want to grab it now that's it's so popular. But, assuming Funi's dubbing it, I wonder what they'll do if Muse makes a cameo? It'd be a shame for them to recast them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Tales of Zestira the X is the surprise one on that list. Thought Aniplex would license it. Really, I hope CR also get the show..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Funimation also revealed that it will have more simulcast titles to announce.

So between CR and Funimation, I guess almost all 30+ summer titles will be licensed? I was underwhelmed by the initial season production list, this whole "guess what we have and they don't!" game isn't interesting to me. ...With Hulu gone, is AoA trying to sublicense their stuff between CR and funi?

Bound to be a few I'll watch- maybe Time Travel Girl will turn out to be an anime Bill and Ted, anime's done stranger things- or try but I'm not expecting much.

Lord of Calamity? 7 vampire lords known as 7 Servamps? Mechs? Bishonens, bishonens and more bishonens? A "You must have seen this many episodes to get this series" shows, aka, ongoing shonen or prequels? The Love Live spinoff?

Ok, I probably will watch that.

And what is a vortex of fate? I know what a vortex is and I know what fate is but unless you're destined to get sucked into a black hole, they're not connected. A mess of trouble, a peck of problems, a deadly date with destiny.

Unless it is literally Fate's vortex. But isn't she still with Nanoha?
tintor2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
tintor2 wrote:
Nice about Hallow but wasn't it that Funimation only licensed the first "stage"?

Also, is Zestiria an adaptation of the video game? I can't play the game due to economical reasons but if it's an adaptation, I'll watch it. Cool

What...? The game was on sale for 24.99 last month on Steam. Unless you're buying a bunch of other games, that's not bad at all.

And yes, as far as all the info and videos we've gotten, it is based on the game. Enjoy. A lot of people don't like the story..I personally thought it was good. Anime is also by ufotable so it will be freaking gorgeous.

It's that I live in Argentina and the economy to buy new stuff is really bad
Vannil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I am pleasantly surprised by funi's line up so far. it is weird that they got love live since NISA had the licence to the earlier series and if they are exiting the anime scene would be a shame, since I loved their dub of toradora.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Unless FUNi decides to finish the remaining 52 D.Gray-man's episodes, them picking up Hollow seems odd, as far as "being there for the fans" go.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
For the love of consistency on my shelf, I hope NIS America is still doing anime and gets the home video rights for Love Live Sunshine. But if FUNimation gets it all, I hope the original English voice actresses reprise their roles if there are any μ's cameos (probably like some in-show TV spot) should there be a dub of the show...

Maybe this is a result of some relationship with Bandai Visual since there's also Tales and they did also stream Iron-Blooded Orphans.

Last edited by Asrialys on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Muffum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping Funimation's offerings would be as barren as they were in spring, so I wouldn't have to put up with their services. Them getting Sunshine is basically a worst case scenario for me, since that was one of my most anticipated summer shows.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I'm confused. Do Funimation have full rights to Love Live Sunshine? Or are they sharing the rights with CR (a la DRRR and Erased) but just got around to announcing it before CR did?

Assuming they did get full rights... CALLED IT. I swear to God I was talking about this with one of my friends the other day. I mean they exhausted so much great female talent in LA with the original show's dub which begs the question 'Who are they gonna cast in Sunshine?'. I mentioned the possibility of Funimation getting it. After all, a switch to Texas means they've got a whole other pool of talent to go through.

I mentioned the possibility that Funimation may have been paying attention to the hype. NISA got super lucky with Love Live because they picked it up at a time when no one else wanted it and reaped the benefits once it took off in the west. Now it's probably their most successful series yet (Aside from maybe Toradora). Regardless of whether or not Funi have full rights, this means that my assumption was correct.

If CR don't have it I guess this means I've gotta rely on Animelab to bring it to Australia. spoiler[FOR GOD'S SAKE PLEASE DON'T LET IT BE HANABEE]

dark13 wrote:
as for Love live sun-whatever can blow chucks for all I care. I Never understood the show and never will.
Why couldn't you just spell out Sunshine? Did you really need to announce that? What does is mean to 'blow chucks'?

I have so many questions
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:18 pm Reply with quote
They have Love Live Sunshine? As happy as I am that someone is streaming it I don't want them to every have home media rights. NIS should license it for a home release.
DDragonking

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:31 pm Reply with quote
What surprises me is that LLS(Love Live Sunshine) was licensed by Funi yet they have done nothing with symphogear which has 3 seasons with 2 to follow. Can someone please explain that to me (I'll be very grateful). But nice lineup nonetheless still waiting for the announcement of Magia HxH will it be funi or CR *Trevor Noah voice* "Nobody knows."
Beansprout Midget

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I think this is great. There are actually titles Funi got that I want to watch, D.Gray being my most anticipated. I really hope DGM finally gets a full dub, or even Stage Two licensed. Please. I'm tired of watching fansubs, and even an official release of the subs would be a heck of a lot better.

Danganronpa too, nice. Servamp looks somewhat interesting as well.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:36 pm Reply with quote
DDragonking wrote:
What surprises me is that LLS(Love Live Sunshine) was licensed by Funi yet they have done nothing with symphogear which has 3 seasons with 2 to follow. Can someone please explain that to me (I'll be very grateful). But nice lineup nonetheless still waiting for the announcement of Magia HxH will it be funi or CR *Trevor Noah voice* "Nobody knows."

They never had the home video license, nor did their original stream go that well.
I'd actually say it was outright terrible.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:37 pm Reply with quote
DDragonking wrote:

So far Funimation is only streaming Love Live Sunshine. No one has home media rights yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6