• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Toonami Asia: No New Details Yet for Dragon Ball Super in English

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:01 am Reply with quote
Romuska wrote:
Let's all remember this well if Toei ever decides to comment about piracy.

Definitely. If a media company refuses to do a legal streaming service for their most popular shows, then I would justify the use of fan subs in this case.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:56 am Reply with quote
Topgunguy wrote:
Why is it taking FUNi forever to license the Z Kai version of the Buu saga? It's long overdue. They can't dub Super without giving Z Kai full closure. Especially if they, and I hope to God that they do, bring back Vegito.

On another note, I'm not sure exactly how Toriyama is involved with Dragon Ball Super. I know he designs characters but story-wise, they just say he's the original concept creator, ie the original manga. Is he the one penning out Super? Or is some guy writing it and taking it to him as creative consultant or something?

They absolutely can release Super before Kai first. Kai is nothing new other than being faithful they can release it anytime. FUNi went ahead and released BoG and "F" before Buu Kai.

Also Buu Kai has licensed Sean confirmed it has finished dubbing back in March.

Toriyama is writing the story and designing characters, it's then up to Toei to turn his story into episodes and expand where appropriate. Toriyama doesn't write the fights leaves that up to the animation staffs discretion hence why there are discrepancies between the Manga and Anime.

It's also pretty hard to nail on what is exactly Toriyama and what's Toei. If the plot points overlaps in the Manga and Anime then it's Toriyama but the Manga is limited to once a month so can't include everything.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:01 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
It's fine. Take your time. Clean up some of that off-model art in the show.

What was good for us back in the day is good for us now Razz

Topgunguy wrote:
They won't need to complain for long. I'm sure some fan will be generous enough to take out the awful music and replace it with Faulconer's score.

....You don't replace good or decent music with legit awful music which is what Faulconer's music was for the most part.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2