• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Aug 26-Sep 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:06 pm Reply with quote
At first I thought that users gave low score for #22, but than I checked and saw that the episode is at 4.6, with the other shows above it with 4.8 and lower. In fact, Rewrite's 8th episode is the lowest one within the 4 range, with a score of 4.1, and below it is Handa-kun with 3.9 (ranked #23 & #24, respectively).

Zin5ki wrote:
Go, Planetarian, go! Who says you need more than five episodes to remain a strong contender?

IIRC, it was explained that a show's previous -- or in this case, its last -- episode's ranking will "ghost" until the end of the polling period. It's still amusing to see a show that ended about a month ago still in the poll.

P.S.: Arslan description is "no ep. this week." It should be like planetarian's "series is over."
Hehaho1830

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:41 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
^The relevant episodes of Mob Psycho, Jojo, and Love Live Sunshine were very well received, so it is by no means a poor showing for Re:zero.

As to Shippuden vs. One Piece, One Piece's look the more durable so I think that shift will be brief

I wouldn't count on it, they just posted somewhere that it's on break for two weeks (So it'll hold it's spot) then it has an hour long special, and then finally it's last episode (I believe). All of the above tends to give major boosts, but it definitely looks like it's not going to do anymore filler before it reaches the Canon ending (Please let this not trip a flag)

If it weren't for all the filler, I bet Naruto would have been going back and forth in ranking with One piece for the last 5 years..... but there was tons of filler... so.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:05 pm Reply with quote
No they already planned adapting some of the spinoff novels so the last battle will not be the last episode. They'll probably have some filler either in the form of the aforementioned novels and/or the garden variety before we get the epilogue which will likely mark the final episode. And looking at yesterday's episode's ratings, unless it goes up significantly, it will be back where it was before next week, which is actually briefer than I expected.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2