• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Zestiria the X TV Anime Gets 2nd Season in 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dab1za9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
Honestly good luck ufoTABLE with the schedule Bandai and Aniplex have put you under. They've got to do another 12 episodes for this, a few movies for Fate, a Touken Ranbu thing and you know they're going to be getting tapped for the new God Eater game and whatever the next Tales one is soon enough so you can consider that 5 ongoing projects for a studio that struggled just to handle the turnover from Fate to God Eater. If they try to do any of these back to back and in any less than over the course of 3 years with very careful planning I expect much the same hiccups to arise that happened with God Eater if not worse.

Seriously though both these production companies are really overburdening the industries smaller studios right now and it shows in the drops in quality all around, production bottlenecks and delays and people getting sick and having to go on hiatus.

They have been recruiting new staff and you are forgetting a lot of stuff, God eater turned like that because they were busy all of 2013 with their movie released in Dec 28 and started to work on Fate(25 episode with three double length), Tales OVA(1 hour) and Tales cut scenes, God Eater(12 episode with character design that require a lot of time) and God Eater cut scenes, but here they have tales(12episode). Touken Ranbu(probably 12 and if not split cour), one movie where its director have only worked on few scenes all the year and God eater cut scenes and they have fall 2016 free too.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Dab1za9 wrote:
Honestly good luck ufoTABLE with the schedule Bandai and Aniplex have put you under. They've got to do another 12 episodes for this, a few movies for Fate, a Touken Ranbu thing and you know they're going to be getting tapped for the new God Eater game and whatever the next Tales one is soon enough so you can consider that 5 ongoing projects for a studio that struggled just to handle the turnover from Fate to God Eater. If they try to do any of these back to back and in any less than over the course of 3 years with very careful planning I expect much the same hiccups to arise that happened with God Eater if not worse.

Seriously though both these production companies are really overburdening the industries smaller studios right now and it shows in the drops in quality all around, production bottlenecks and delays and people getting sick and having to go on hiatus.

They have been recruiting new staff and you are forgetting a lot of stuff, God eater turned like that because they were busy all of 2013 with their movie released in Dec 28 and started to work on Fate(25 episode with three double length), Tales OVA(1 hour) and Tales cut scenes, God Eater(12 episode with character design that require a lot of time) and God Eater cut scenes, but here they have tales(12episode). Touken Ranbu(probably 12 and if not split cour), one movie where its director have only worked on few scenes all the year and God eater cut scenes and they have fall 2016 free too.

I thought there will be two ToukenRanbu animes?
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, ufotable wasting their talent on this and now Touken Ranbu instead of adapting a decent manga or something :I
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:21 pm Reply with quote

Touken Ranbu is 2017 so I imagine it will be Winter 2017 and then Tales will be summer 2017 again, giving them that separation (hopefully). If they haven't started the Fate/stay movie they will probably do that over the fall season. It is only probably going to be an hour and a half (the first one), which is mush less than a full season of episodes, and with their typical quality they don't have to upgrade as much for movie quality, plus even if they did double that time to 6 episodes worth of time still gives them half a season to start prepping the tv series that will come in the following season.

If they get tapped for God Eater that will fall at the end of the line, same with Tales of Berseria (bandai-namco has already shown they are willing to wait a bit to make an anime of their game). They managed to make their tv series anime and work on that game quite fine. That might have been where some of the trouble with God Eater came though. I imagine their current schedule is also why Fate/Extra was given to Shaft. they aren't going to take on more work than they can handle.
Dab1za9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Dab1za9 wrote:

I thought there will be two ToukenRanbu animes?

The other is by Doga koba
JRPGNATION

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Hmm, ufotable wasting their talent on this and now Touken Ranbu instead of adapting a decent manga or something :I

That is a opinion and not a fact. I have been enjoying everyone of their works. Shocked
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I am not being pessimistic here, but if this series can be crowned as a masterpiece for its wonderful production and animation, it just goes to show that people prefer "Mediocre Story, Awesome Animation" over "Awesome Story, Mediocre Animation". And i am not saying this for Berserk, but if you want to offend people liike me for watching the 2016 series as almost everyone does... God forgive you
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone called Zestiria a masterpiece? I think the animation makes it watchable, but the plot / character interactions have certainly been pretty plodding, uninspired, and largely unengaging. I legitimately do think Berserk 2016, despite its bad animation, is a much better show than Zestiria the X, despite its great animation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2