• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tatami Galaxy Staff Return for Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome Anime Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptj_tsubasa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:16 am Reply with quote
Ozzy4k wrote:
I watched tatami galaxy and loved it. Does this have anything to do with that story? Is it a sequel ? Was just wondering Cus a lot of the characters from tatami are returning if so then did they change the voice of the Main male lead? He was awesome

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with it per se, except being set in Kyoto and being a story about a college student. "A spiritual sequel", maybe?

Most likely they just thought it would make sense to use the same visual style, since they're very similar works and the staff is the same. Just like how the characters in the 2012 movie "The Life of Gusko Budori" were depicted as cats because "A Night on the Galactic Railroad" did so in 1985.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:06 am Reply with quote
There is also a manga adaptation (now out of print, I guess, but available on Japanese Kindles).
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I've gotta admit,the trailer of this show reminds me of some old-fashioned animation,particularly from the 1960's. It's very good and I liked it and I hope there's more to come.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2