• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tomino: New Project For Gundam Reconguista in G is in Development

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:20 am Reply with quote
Probably a film trilogy version or something with new scenes, story tweeks and rerecorded voice acting. It's the only way to save the series and improve upon it since it was so horrible.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:22 am Reply with quote
wiitard119 wrote:
this show was a huge flop and the worst in the franchise lol. Why would they even do any new projects with it Confused

IBO just ended though and does more things wrong than G-Reco even had the chance to because of its episode count alone; not even going into the actual show's writing itself.

Also "flop?"

That's X and 0079 and I love both.
SantaBla

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:00 am Reply with quote
G Reco was clearly too intelligent for the mass audience given how many think the script was confusing. There are lot of good and important messages in this Tomino masterpiece, please pay attention next time, anime fans.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:21 am Reply with quote
Well, its nice they'll go and fix up old entries, I guess.

I mean if you take AGE as just the movie which entirely omits the last third, we're good.

I can't remember the last time a TV Gundam was truly great. They've mostly been passable. IBO at least brought new commentary to the table, G-Reco and AGE at least tried new things with the setting. 00 had fancy visuals.

I mean what we really need is a second G Gundam.
amc9988

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:49 am Reply with quote
G reco plot is trash, and some people is praising its plot because it is confusing for general mass to understand? LOL and these same person call IBO plot is trash cause they didn't get the happy ending...
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:57 am Reply with quote
Glad they're taking another shot at G-Reco. I really loved the show, but Bellri has such a short attention span & is so self-absorbed that it makes him a terrible focus character for the narrative. An edit that shifts perspective to another character or curbs Bellri's worst excesses would make for a much easier to follow anime.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:01 am Reply with quote
o...kay? Forget about lighting the world on fire, people barely even noticed G-Reco. Odd installment to give more attention.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:09 am Reply with quote
I dont think that more is going to fix the mess they made out of it
SantaBla

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:04 pm Reply with quote
It's quite telling that the people who hate G Reco don't even understand Tomino's excellent commentary on Japan's re-militarisation. I doubt they even understand the plot.

Quote:
Odd installment to give more attention.

A show by the creator of Gundam is an odd instalment? For your information, G Reco did very well in Japan. They're not all that stupid over there, they actually get it.
Bawb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:12 pm Reply with quote
wiitard119 wrote:
this show was a huge flop and the worst in the franchise lol. Why would they even do any new projects with it Confused

dark13 wrote:
No thanks, I'm good

´´´´´´¶¶¶¶
´´´´´¶´´´´¶¶
´´´´´¶´´´´´¶
´´´´´´¶´´´´¶
´´´´´´¶´´´¶
´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶
´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶
´¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶
´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶
´´¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´¶
´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

I drop this wack anime by episode 4 bellri is uninteresting as fudge, he symbolises everything wrong with today's MC.

amc9988 wrote:
G reco plot is trash, and some people is praising its plot because it is confusing for general mass to understand? LOL and these same person call IBO plot is trash cause they didn't get the happy ending...

firedragon54738 wrote:
I dont think that more is going to fix the mess they made out of it

Stick to A/Z! Laughing
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:42 pm Reply with quote
SantaBla wrote:
G Reco was clearly too intelligent for the mass audience given how many think the script was confusing. There are lot of good and important messages in this Tomino masterpiece, please pay attention next time, anime fans.

As someone who appreciates art-house anime and complex plots, I'm telling you G-Reco is no Ikuhara/Anno/Konaka/Kon/Watanabe-sensei work. Yes, there were messages in there, there were characters with potential, a setting with potential, and beautiful art... All ruined by horrid pacing, plot holes, and then, just as things started warming up... It ends abruptly.

And anybody with some scientific knowledge knows that you can grow spoiler[vat meat easier than raising entire human beings, call them kuntala, and have a bite. Specially easy if you reached space travel technology.] Sure it could be commentary about the burakumin or immigrants or what have you, but epic fail nonetheless.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Trash Gundam series gets a movie. That's such a huge shame.
residentgrigo wrote:
Reconguista didn´t lose money btw. The perfectly forgettable Iron-Blooded shouldn´t be that more profitable on a per season basis either. Eh. The last good Gundam tv show was 00, a decade ago.

The perfectly forgettable iron blooded is actually more profitable then G-reco. And 00's second season + the movie was as bad as G-reco.
SantaBla

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Hellsoldier wrote:

As someone who appreciates art-house anime and complex plots, I'm telling you G-Reco is no Ikuhara/Anno/Konaka/Kon/Watanabe-sensei work

Visual symbolism doesn't make a work complex, and neither of these authors have attempted to tackle the Japanese political climate.

People just have to pay attention, but of course people don't because frankly, anime fans aren't the brightest people out there.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Japan has some pretty rigid laws re: parody, so don't hold your breath for *ever* seeing contemporary Japanese politics explored to any meaningful extent.

And LMFAO at some of the arguments here. G-Reco may not have been great, but the vast majority of everything post-Turn A has been bottom-of-the-barrel shit. Whine about G-Reco and IBO as much as you like, but at least they tried to do something new instead of recycling the same generic nonsense drives the rest of the franchise.

Also LMFAO at the notion that 00 Season 2 is somehow deserving of being singled out. It's no better (or worse) than the first season.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:02 pm Reply with quote
This is one of my favorites. I'm interested to see what this new project is going to be.

I wonder if this is the project he mentioned last year or if it's separate?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3