• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Adult Game Developer Offers VR Wedding with 2D Character at Actual Wedding Chapel

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:58 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
I can see why they won't allow photography or video recording during this event. So other people don't see it and laugh.

zrnzle500 wrote:
For when you want to make your waifu your wife. The chapel/priests are probably happy for the business even if there is only one person involved. They definitely need it.

Well, is it a legal marriage? I mean, everything else is in place, but nothing states you'll be filling out the paperwork and such.

No, but it is probably as close as one can get to doing so. They probably give you a certificate commemorating the event, though if you have any intent of being in a relationship with an actual human being, you probably want to pass on proof that you went through a wedding ceremony at an actual wedding chapel presided over by an actual priest to a fictional character.

I don't think AI are legally competent to give consent, though you probably don't want to make them intelligent enough to be able to do so. The only thing more pathetic than actually marrying a fictional character would be proposing to one and being rejected, not out of programming but due consideration.

leafy sea dragon wrote:
Of course, there'll be the occasional female entrant too. Is same-sex marriage legal in Japan?

No it isn't legal in Japan.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:58 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
I don't think AI are legally competent to give consent, though you probably don't want to make them intelligent enough to be able to do so. The only thing more pathetic than actually marrying a fictional character would be proposing to one and being rejected, not out of programming but due consideration.

Man, that's some Astro Boy/Ghost in the Shell material right there. But I'm sure both have covered it already. (I know Batman Beyond did, and I think Futurama balleted around the concept here and there.)

But yeah, I thought that maybe they found some loophole somewhere that would allow the virtual waifu to provide consent. It's a crazy thought, but crazier loopholes have been found.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:26 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2