• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Yuri!!! on Ice Characters Cameo in Steven Universe Comic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:27 pm Reply with quote
In that picture that was shown, I'm pretty sure Yuuri and Victor were holding hands in the "intimate couple" way. Am I the only one who noticed that, or was it all just my imagination? (To be honest, though, I wouldn't be surprised if they were holding hands.)

In all seriousness, though, it's interesting how Yuri On Ice and Steven Universe crossed over like this. I always love me them crossovers![/i]
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:56 pm Reply with quote
And after that stunt backfired miserably, there will probably be zero same-sex couples in the show. They bought it on themselves.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:57 am Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:
Sweet! And very appropriate, considering how important same-sex relationships are to both series.

I'm pretty sure YOI was about ice skating Rolling Eyes

And considering gems are genderless its pretty much a copout there too.

I'm pretty sure you seem to have a habit of going out of your way to constantly put down any sort of gay aspect of YOI and other shows/topics. You're coming close to soapboxing by constantly going into threads just to be condescending when it comes to anything that remotely involves something homosexual. I suggest moving forward if you have a legitimate opinion on the show or topic in question you present it civilly and leave the snarky comments at the door.

As for the rest of ythe threadI have removed quite a few OT homophobic comments and also several OT trollish insults towards fans as well. In particular from you Beatdigga. Nobody owns any fandom and insulting fans of various shows is not tolerated either. Now I suggest everyone stay on the actual topic and leave the haterade at the door. Thank you.
psycho_slut

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:02 am Reply with quote
Not sure how this works but do they have to ask permission from the YoI copyright holders for the cameo or nah?
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:47 am Reply with quote
psycho_slut wrote:
Not sure how this works but do they have to ask permission from the YoI copyright holders for the cameo or nah?

Usually for cameos like this, no, as long as you don't specifically say they're the person or persons in question. It falls under satirical content or an Expy (a similar but legally distinct character) and wouldn't be subject to that. If they were an actual character and not a background gag, that's different.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:39 am Reply with quote
Aww that's cute, seeing my my favorite cartoon and favorite anime come together is a dream come true.

psycho_slut wrote:

I don't know about the copyright but YOI did a little cameo in Southpark too, MAPPA loved it and they responded with a hilarious easter egg by making JJ cosplay as Cartman during the last episode of YOI. They never got a strike.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:36 pm Reply with quote
This is cute! It would be great if they can get a cameo in the show, too (YoI in SU, or SU in YoI. Preferably, both!)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2