• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Welcome to the Ballroom Anime's 5th Promo Video Streamed With English Subtitles

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:17 pm Reply with quote
The necks really are too long. You can test for yourself, usually when you tilt your head downwards, it touches around your collarbone area. If these characters tilted their heads downward, their chins would bump straight into their necks.

Otherwise spoken, this seems like another "gimmick" shonen-type story, that takes you on a journey to learn the ins and outs of some specialty (this time, ballroom dancing) as seen through the eyes of a novice but soon-to-be-passionate protagonist. If I was new to the fandom I might give it a chance.
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the neck are ridiculous, it's freaking longer than there head! Look at 1:14, you can't tell me that look natural.
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Good to know I'm not the only one who was like, "WTF is with those necks?"
Vycey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Hot damn. They won't even let Haikyuu!! keep the giraffe necks for itself!
Z-Raid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I definitely agree with everyone about those giraffe necks. Anime art style don't usually stick with human proportions and sometimes exaggerate stuff, but jesus those necks are ridiculous.

The thing is, I read the manga and I quite like the art but I don't remember the characters having giraffe necks. If they did, it didn't look so obviously ridiculous. I guess the art style for this series is better on paper than it is animated, at least in terms of neck proportions.

Still, I'm looking forward to the anime!
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Just want to come here and say thanks ANN and the anime itself for making me do neck exercises. Cool
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Swiftyy wrote:
This being uploaded on Pony Canyon YouTube channel with English subtitles has me really worried that this'll end up being a Ponycan USA title. pls no

Please don't jinx it! Crying or Very sad I'd rather be concerned about anything else and not on the possibility this will be an expensive sub only release.
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:43 pm Reply with quote
In a world where human/giraffe hybrids have dominated the globe, one young man is wants to fulfill his destiny as a Ballroom Dancer
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2