• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody Anime Reveals Teaser Visual, Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:31 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:

Kodansha has these light novel contests each year. And they banned story involving Transportating into other worlds and teenager protagonists.

That is more understandable for a contest, which aims to provide a bit more variety.

The poster of the banning comment made no mention of context or limits, and simply made it sound like this was an industry or governmental ban of some sort.

Yeah, no, there is no official "ban" on isekai novels in Japan. That would be pretty silly. Also worth noting that Kodansha and most other publishers have multiple contests, and only one of Kodansha's contests explicitly bans isekai, as far as I've seen. And that particular contest bans a lot of other stuff as well, like teenage protagonists.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2