• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Back Street Girls TV Anime Reveals Visuals, Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Ever since I heard the premise of this back in January this has been one of the shows that I've been looking forward to.

On the issue of transgenderism as a couple have pointed out, there are probably going to be a few in the west which will be annoyed, but the Japanese would see it for the joke that it is (the show, not transgender) and run with it. Hell, given the history of manga and anime, the premise of this show actually seems normal compared to a lot of the stuff out there
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:11 pm Reply with quote
That pormo pic, awe man that is awesome haven't seen a character be an over the top villain just in a still shot in a while.
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
The show had issues and it never went far enough with the concept but it is the type of show that would never get made in the western world.

Or more accurately as "the U.S. or any English-speaking world", for that matter.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:39 pm Reply with quote
This sounds like a riot. I'll definitely keep my eye on this.
trilaan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:02 am Reply with quote
I can hardly wait! I'm always hopeful for more gender switching content. I don't really care about the social ramifications as long as it feeds my need for the stuff.
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:57 am Reply with quote
In a weird way, I'm actually more looking forward to the spectacle that will be the online discussion of this series more than the series itself. The hot takes on this one are going to be incendiary.
q_3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:03 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
The isekai novel about the guy who gets reincarnated in another world as a vending machine is due out next week. (No, that's not a joke.) That might top even this.

But Coffee Samurai already exists!
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:
I have to say the concept of this show is one of the most absolutely ludicrous things I have ever heard of in my life.

How did this get made?

The isekai novel about the guy who gets reincarnated in another world as a vending machine is due out next week. (No, that's not a joke.) That might top even this.

Which begs the inevitable question.....when does a vending machine stop being simply a purveyor of sweet and salty snacks and have a soul? Can a vending machine feel love?

Somehow I feel I am not nearly as surprised at this news as I should be. Thanks Japan.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:17 pm Reply with quote
The vending machine novel came out last week at my comic shop. The hero is a vending machine otaku who dies when he tries to save (catch) a vending machine that fell off a moving truck. He wakes up as a vending machine by a lake in a dungeon level. He is carried around the dungeon by a girl with the "blessing" of strength. He can vend anything he ever bought from a vending machine, which includes about everything he ever saw in a machine in Japan.

I'm about half way through. It is cute but I'm not sure if I'm going to finish it.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
The vending machine novel came out last week at my comic shop. The hero is a vending machine otaku

Alan45 wrote:
He can vend anything

Wait, hold up. Can we just acknowledge for a second that "Will it Vend?" would be a great in-universe parody of "Will It Blend?" for this guy to watch?

"Will it vend an iPad 6?" "Will it vend Sentai's release of Legend of Galactic Heroes?" "Will it vend a tractor?"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2