• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Blu-Ray

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levonr

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:09 am Reply with quote
I dropped AGE before the last arc. You mean it actually gets worse? Shocked
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:52 am Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:

HAHAHAHA! Yes, my friend, it gets MUCH worse.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:07 am Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:

They somehow manage to top EVERYTHING in the final arc. It's actually kind of fascinating
Nate148

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:58 am Reply with quote
Thank you for this watching this week to week was torment I remember when the game came out and I read the MAHQ forums and I was thinking there is no way that is the ending and then it was there was some good in the show but god damm the ending was shit
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I thought the multi-generational story line was very interesting to me. Instead of everyone stuck as same old same old entire time. Character development and mecha story of mutliplanet space soup opera.

That said, story was very generic. I did like the gimmick of the Gundam become something else, but it felt off bit. I hadn't known when i saw it that it was based on a video game.

AGE could been done better had they tried fill out where video game failed to do when it came to the story. Wither or not the plot was kiddied for it's audience is hard to say. AGE's 3rd season was pretty dramatic, but i just hated the grandson. He had a Built-in peace lover personality, not because it's bad thing but it felt forced and clinch.

Still it could be good introduction into Gundam franchise, but i don't know.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:

I'm afraid so. The final third is just, well, let's say it'll make you raise your eyebrows to the moon.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:05 am Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
Titus-A wrote:
To hell with this review, giving Gundam AGE an F. And to hell with all it's naysayers. Gundam AGE was awesome and I'll honestly take it over most UC series, 00 and boring Turn A.

So you a contrarian, a troll, or do ya just naturally have crap taste?

i'd say he's either all three or a fanboy of its ero 18+ doujins which is where are a lot of the defenders of build fighters try comes from!

at least it validates the reasons why right stuff didn't bother giving this series a well respected dub and just plaster it with the god awful animax asia dub. cause just like build fighters and try, the series WAS NOT GOING TO SELL WELL HERE!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VerQuality

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
It... speaks to how there were definitely talented people on this production, but the stifling, ramrod-this-and-this way it was structured gave nary a moment for any of that to shine through. I've not always loved every Gundam series, and it has always had its ups and downs with its relationship to merchandising, but this one struck me as an especially, genuinely, creativity-crushing product.

Well said. AGE was one of those series I thought couldn't possibly as bad as people said it was (same with Destiny, I had liked seed well enough). It had some really interesting ideas, and as mentioned in the review had great mecha design, animation, and soundtrack work. But the entire final arc was pretty much an extended look at the entire show collapsing in on itself. As has been said, the signs were there from the start, but up until a few episodes into Kio's arc, it was entertaining enough to set aside those weaknesses. The conclusion was nothing but an exercise in frustration.
Gamlin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:59 am Reply with quote
Age is ok, but this review proves that Akihiro Hino is an INCOMPETENT WRITER along with the rest of Level-5. He actually ruined gundam for everyone, but then Tomino almost ruined gundam more with G-Reco.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2