• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Evangelion TV Anime's Opening Song Gets HD Music Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:09 am Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
Remember my first watch of this back in the day on used bootleg VHS tapes. I'd never seen anything like it before and couldn't concentrate for days out of the excitement. Good times

The nostalgia of it is still awesome 'till this day. Very Happy
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:19 am Reply with quote
This is awesome..
She was @ AX a few years back for the 20th anniversary of Evangelion and did a great job on stage..
Own several versions of this series from the days of ADV.. platinum collection was the best version.. and no it's not cheap on the used market.

I will be on the blue ray series pickup if it ever comes out in the US.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:58 pm Reply with quote
In the US ADV Films had the license for Evangelion..
It's no secret that Gainax and ADV had a falling out, rumored to be because of the live action Movie fiasco.

I'm willing to bet for the US at least that this has something to do with why we are not getting the Blu-Rays overseas. Whichever company acquired the rights from ADV when it dissolved is probably sitting on them, and probably due to the sour relationship between Gainax and ADV, the license will stagnate until is reverts.. and Gainax will sit on it until it decides its ready to play ball again.

As for Madman... who knows.. only Anno knows when the final Renewal movie will ever get released.. if ever.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
If you can't be polite, don't post.

Also , please read the quoting guidelines.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:13 pm Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
A "re-upload" of an old AMV that was uploaded over a decade ago, only in HD and in widescreen.

Pretty much. It's literally just the extended opening video re-uploaded :I
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:

Pretty much. It's literally just the extended opening video re-uploaded :I

It's still cool, though. It's the reason why I decided to continue watching NGE after episode 1.
Xristophoros

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Well... if that doesn't peak your interest, you have to be dead inside. The imagery and art direction in eva still has no equal.
Xristophoros

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Kakorat859 wrote:
I think this discussion gives more evidence to the fact that Hideaki Anno and his team need to get off their ass and release the 4th movie. I mean, what is this? Redline?

Anno has no drive or sense of urgency. I cannot blame him, though. He earns more revenue from merchandise alone than any other creator in anime (other than Miyazaki and possibly Kishimoto and a few others) and is likely wealthier than most A-tier Hollywood film directors as well. He can take all the time he wants or needs. When one is scraping by to survive, that is when artists produces their best work out of necessity. Younger artists also have more passion and something to prove. Modern day Anno is a shadow of his former self from the 90s in this regard, but that goes for everyone as they age. I expect we will see film 4 of the reboot one day... but it is best not to think about it too much because it is likely a couple years away from release.

Last edited by Xristophoros on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Film 1 and 2 were in 2007 and 2009, then film 3 was in 2012, but Anno made a Godzilla movie in 2016 and so his fourth movie began production after that, so I expect movie 4 around 2020-2021. I wonder if it is going to be very good although the movies are very good the original TV show is still the masterpiece of the franchise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:56 am Reply with quote
If past experience is anything to go by, nothing makes Anno happier than hosing on fans of EVA, and that includes taking his sweet arse time making the so-called fourth and final movie which I expect will be yet another opportunity to sprinkle his golden revenge for past fan slagging's of his creation. If you're not a long time follower of this series and don't know what I'm on about just watch the older supposed "last movie" End Of Evangelion to see what. Wink
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:01 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
If past experience is anything to go by, nothing makes Anno happier than hosing on fans of EVA, and that includes taking his sweet arse time making the so-called fourth and final movie which I expect will be yet another opportunity to sprinkle his golden revenge for past fan slagging's of his creation. If you're not a long time follower of this series and don't know what I'm on about just watch the older supposed "last movie" End Of Evangelion to see what. Wink

Even if Anno was partly giving the middle finger to the overly passionate fanbase that gave him a hard time for those last 2 episodes, I still see The End of Evangelion as a masterpiece film. It may have been sad, but it did not at all betray the direction the story was going, and in a strange way was so beautifully executed that I'm able to watch it on repeat viewings. Not only did it help me appreciate the series more (those last 2 episodes included), it's what made me a fan of Eva in general. I'll wait as long as it takes for Anno to finish up the 4th Rebuild movie, as well as whenever someone licenses the original series (with End of Eva, of course!) for an American blu-ray release.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:19 am Reply with quote
@Pachy_boy: Ya pays yur money, Ya takes yur choice. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2