• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sony Halts PS Vita Production in Japan in 2019

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:23 pm Reply with quote
It'd be nice to see many of the PSVita catalogue ported to PS4.

3rd parties can find new life on Switch as well.

Considering the Switch and the ideas of mini-consoles, it'd make sense for Sony to put out some cheap little PSOne and PS2 mini-portable systems with classic games for enthusiasts that are both portable and dockable.

Heck, just make a PS Switch that plays the entire back catalogue of PSOne, PS2, PSP & Vita catalogue as a retro product.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, I sure am glad I bought mine when I did, and I'm having a lot of fun with it, too. It's a shame hardly anyone appreciates this console.
megazero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Not so surprised, considering it has some things that only PSP (game support) can do.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:23 am Reply with quote
ninjamitsuki wrote:

If you were to ask me, Silver Star Story Complete is the best version of the original game. Harmony is the most accessible and the music is gorgeous, but also has some baaad loading times, really rigid sprites, and Nall's voice is godawful. The voices and the new lyrics are really a matter of personal preference, but I prefer the old ones for most characters. John Truitt's hammy performance just makes Ghaleon.

I have to agree with this.. I have just about every version of lunar released and Silver Star Story Complete has been my favorite version. In fact it's one of the rare moments where I bought the original, then even bought the re release years later.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:14 am Reply with quote
ninjamitsuki wrote:

If you were to ask me, Silver Star Story Complete is the best version of the original game. Harmony is the most accessible and the music is gorgeous, but also has some baaad loading times, really rigid sprites, and Nall's voice is godawful. The voices and the new lyrics are really a matter of personal preference, but I prefer the old ones for most characters. John Truitt's hammy performance just makes Ghaleon.

Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:

I have to agree with this.. I have just about every version of lunar released and Silver Star Story Complete has been my favorite version. In fact it's one of the rare moments where I bought the original, then even bought the re release years later.

I see. However from the looks of it the only way I am going to legitimately play Silver Star Story Complete is through the iphone, and I do not think I want to do that. Plus I like the fact that Silver Star Harmony has an expanded story, and being that I have yet to experience this series I do not have a personal preference for how the voice acting is handle. Learning that Silver Star Harmony had bad load times though is concerning though. I would take my chances with Silver Star Harmony.

Thanks for the suggestions you two. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2