• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DramaFever Streaming Service Shuts Down

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#em

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:43 pm Reply with quote
The irony of this is you can still stream DramaFever shows at their now sister streaming service vrv.co (made by Crunchyroll)?

I really wouldn't have known if I had not read the news since I was streaming a DramaFever show at the same time. So I don't know how long it will last but I wanted to get the word out that as of right now you can still stream your shows via vrv.

Someone missed a memo? Or it could be something from their agreement before the mergers. I dunno. Content could be gone tomorrow but I just wanted to get the word out.

Overall AT&T doesn't understand us. They're going to launch a streaming service end of next year. I bet you they'll have all the DramaFever content with a bunch of American BS shows we already obviously rejected. We'll pay anyways but I hope Viki steps up or a new player comes to the market.
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:19 pm Reply with quote
This year I decided to pay from the premium services. I dont know if I can feel lucky because I paid for it on January or sad because I didn't watch all the dramas I wanted to watch.
portgas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:41 am Reply with quote
I subscribe to Dramafever through Amazon channels and it's still streaming.
manapear

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's depressing. I hope these shows will still be available (translated) in some other format/service, but wow. Anime cry
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2