• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Zombie Land Saga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:09 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Seriously, Drive-In Tori (http://www.drivein-tori.jp/) is an actual restaurant featuring yakiniku-style grilled chicken. It even has that ridiculous mascot, and I'm 99% certain that the owner voices himself.

I want to visit Saga now just because people there have a great sense of humour, apparently. It was also fun to see that Kotaro's seduction technique seems to work on all genders. Laughing
aaa1e2r3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:20 am Reply with quote
I'm curious if they were trying to make a Plants vs Zombies reference with the Traffic Cones
linkhuesitos15

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Oggers wrote:
According to the official site, Lily died in 2011 and Yugiri died in 1882. So yeah, Lily died during this decade and Yugiri died during the Meiji era. Tae is currently the only one whose details about her life are completely unknown so far.

The only information available about Tae is that she's the oldest, she died at her 29 years old.
jdnation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:25 pm Reply with quote
With episode 5, this show is the best show. Keep it up!
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what it is about running with traffic cones on your head, ala Toy Story and now Zombie Land Saga, but it gets me laughing out loud hysterically. Yet, the Coneheads will garner the exact opposite. Hmmmm....
aaa1e2r3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious if they'll reveal that the others are also aware of how they died or not?
Panino Manino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:34 am Reply with quote

This episode made me mad.
Really mad... with Hanebado.
Seriously, I was not believing that I was seeing Kotaro being a better coach (not that I doubted him) than the Coach in Hanebado that REFUSED to do anything for Ayano, even after the supervisor went to him to complain about his neglect.
sigh...

Also about Kotaro... he hitting Junko with the car was a "red herring" for the idea of him being the one who killed Sakura?

And it may be part of the joke, "bad on purpose", that Iron Frill is animated in 2D while Franchouchou gets "ugly" 3D, but it's not a funny joke.

About the characters, yeah, Junko can't be anymore the type of idol she was, but I have to say, despite Kotaro saying that she can refuses to do the things she don't want to do, how often is this a possibility on that industry? If a girl refuses to do idol things is she still an "idol"? Would she be just an "artist"?
That scene were Ai's body falls apart and she says that it's normal and she is used that is not a subtle criticism.
TyrantValvatorez

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7 shows that they are able to hit all the idol show tropes shows while maintaining it's unique humor and wackiness. Character development wasn't just limited to AI and Junko either. The legendary TAE YAMADA! has started to imitate the other girls when copied Saki during the episode.

The CG was actually a big improvement this time . However it looks they screwed up the frame rate and it only looks bad during certain parts of the performance. While smoother in others and sometimes switching frame rates during the same song. MAPPA seem to a lost a few during the final pass. Maybe future episodes or the Blurays releases should be boosted to 48 fps so that this doesn't happen.

Necroducer never stops being awesome. It starting to look like like he's done this before. As if he was apart of the music or entertainment industry in the past and failed. At some deciding that zombie idols were crazy enough to work. Than when his past is revealed the girls will call it lame. Because that how Zombie Land Saga rolls.

Last edited by TyrantValvatorez on Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Isn't this Cygames stuff? Maybe the CGI dances aren't for the comedic stiffness and uncanniness but because those models and animations will be used as is in the mobage.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:52 am Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:
Isn't this Cygames stuff? Maybe the CGI dances aren't for the comedic stiffness and uncanniness but because those models and animations will be used as is in the mobage.

Oh, so that mid-roll with the cygames building, they actually have one in Saga?

You think maybe Cygames like promised to make a Saga promoting anime in order to get tax breaks or something and this is what they came up with? Heh...
minamikaze

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:47 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:

Oh, so that mid-roll with the cygames building, they actually have one in Saga?

Not quite yet. The construction is scheduled to start in February.

As stated in this press release.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:06 am Reply with quote
Man, the way Ai died was indeed shocking, but I have to agree with Saki that it was pretty damn legendary. Granted this week's episode with Franchouchou live performance was such a lightning-in-a-bottle moment that they have really shown brightly. Junko backing up Ai when Ai flubbed badly was such an electrifying moment along with Kotarou's pep talk with Junko. I am curious how they'll amp this up in the next couple of episodes.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:14 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Man, the way Ai died was indeed shocking, but I have to agree with Saki that it was pretty damn legendary. Granted this week's episode with Franchouchou live performance was such a lightning-in-a-bottle moment that they have really shown brightly. Junko backing up Ai when Ai flubbed badly was such an electrifying moment along with Kotarou's pep talk with Junko. I am curious how they'll amp this up in the next couple of episodes.

No more, please...
Zof

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:45 pm Reply with quote
I love how this show keeps surprising me by being wholesome in new ways.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:07 am Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:

No more, please...

lol I literally laughed out loud when the girls started shooting lasers...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10