• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - The Sweet Life of Villainess Catarina Claes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
Honestly, at this point I'm surprised fans haven't started pairing her with 'NPC' characters like Sirius, gardener tom, her head maid etc.

Give them time. Wink

Quote:
Catarina Claes broke the harem genre over her knee like a cheap glow stick.

Catarina takin' a steel chair to VN's and puttin them through a table!
zztop

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 10:34 pm Reply with quote
The question now is whether Next Life As A Villainess' anime can pave the way for more anime adaptations of otome/shoujo-themed isekai/fantasy light novels targeting females. Many of these novels have gotten manga adaptations, but almost none have gotten anime - while all the male-targeted titles keep getting slated for anime (Next Life's been the 1st major one so far).

I personally wouldn't mind an anime of Accomplishments of A Duke's Daughter spoiler[(although it wouldn't be as comedic as Next Life; being more focused on political intrigue with a clear monogamic romance.)]. Otherwise there's always stuff like Tearmoon Empire, Marielle Clarac, or even Endo and Kobayashi’s Live Commentary on the Villainess
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Like others have stated, this show started off strong with it's premise and execution - but it's starting to drag a little, ever since the cast hit their teenage years. There's just one note that this show keeps hitting repeatedly and it's "look at how much everyone loves Catarina" and playing around that theme. I feel like it needs a new direction or else I'm easily going to lose interest because you can't hold my attention with just dense harem girl and her rag tag group of suitors. And that's basically what this show currently is and has been for a few episodes now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2