• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Redo of Healer Official Twitter Account Issues Content Warning

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StarfighterPegasus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:49 pm Reply with quote
I think the worst job is being medic if the reports from the Civil war taught me anything. So yeah I might check this series out. My brother told me a few snippets and it really does sound gruesome. Glad they put up a warning.

Also people should read the summary of a show more.

It reminds me of that woman her took her kids to see Deadpool. Rating exist for a reason. So if anyone starts offering trivial complaints and not real criticism I'll ask them if they checked the show's rating and summary before viewing it.
TexZero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Stelman257 wrote:
Finny-chan wrote:
Wonder if Funi will cancel like they did with Ishuzoku Reviewers?

FUNi didn’t license it. They have seemingly learned their lesson and haven’t touched this show with a 100 foot pole. Sentai have licensed it, and time will tell how they handle it.

Probably the same way they handle other adult properties. Push it off to their adult label SoftCel.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:49 pm Reply with quote
the only things under that label are hentai titles and seems to have died once again after they released Slave Princess Olivia sometime in Oct 2017. Its been 3 years, they dead
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Sentai has handled explicit incestuous sex, classic anime with scenes of sexual violence (Ninja Scroll, anyone?), and the show where the guy gets his powers from breast milk. I think Redo of Healer will be fine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
helln00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:17 am Reply with quote
yeah considering how the synopsis and the promo image is....different from the source, its probably a good idea to have some warnings just to cover your backside.

You cant pull a Madoka, especially with this level of content without really being careful
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:25 am Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
Sentai has handled explicit incestuous sex, classic anime with scenes of sexual violence (Ninja Scroll, anyone?), and the show where the guy gets his powers from breast milk. I think Redo of Healer will be fine.

These are also very different situations. In the case of Ninja Scroll it does not go nearly as far as Redo does. Secondly, that was a long time ago and tons of things have changed simply within the anime community. Those kinds of ultra violent shows from the 80's and 90's simply are not the norm anymore. As for Qwaser of Stigmata, which you are referring to, a huge difference is consent. One show for the most part had it within the context of the characters of the show, and the other does not. All personal feelings and thoughts on the material itself aside, your examples are apples and oranges compared to Redo. Quite different material, quite different context, and in different time periods.

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
helln00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:39 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
CatSword wrote:

These are also very different situations. In the case of Ninja Scroll it does not go nearly as far as Redo does. Secondly, that was a long time ago and tons of things have changed simply within the anime community. Those kinds of ultra violent shows from the 80's and 90's simply are not the norm anymore. As for Qwaser of Stigmata which you are referring to, a huge key difference is consent. One show for the most part had it within the context of the characters of the show, and the other does not. All personal feelings and thoughts on the material itself aside, your examples are apples and oranges compared to Redo. Quite different material, quite different context, and in different time periods.

To add another layer to this, Redo actively to hide its contents on the surface of it. Like if you just go off the image and synopsis on MAL, its makes no allusion to the sexually violent nature of its contents, not even to the revenge plot. Qwaser on the other hand has breastfeeding in the description so you know whats coming.

So Redo better has something to sort of cover themselves just against anime only watchers that will probably consider this false advertising.
Oggers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:03 pm Reply with quote
StarfighterPegasus wrote:
Also people should read the summary of a show more.

It reminds me of that woman her took her kids to see Deadpool. Rating exist for a reason. So if anyone starts offering trivial complaints and not real criticism I'll ask them if they checked the show's rating and summary before viewing it.

The thing is, the summary of the series really doesn't indicate how messed up it actually is. The official synopsis only says that he "decides to redo everything", and it doesn't mention how he does it. So I'd say a content warning like this is definitely in order.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Stelman257 wrote:
Finny-chan wrote:
Wonder if Funi will cancel like they did with Ishuzoku Reviewers?

FUNi didn’t license it. They have seemingly learned their lesson and haven’t touched this show with a 100 foot pole. Sentai have licensed it, and time will tell how they handle it.

The difference here being that they didn't realize Reviewers would be more extreme than the source material; here, anyone who knows the source material gets more or less exactly what they expect.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2