• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Edens Zero Anime Reveals 3 More Cast Members, Key Visual

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
immblueversion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:59 am Reply with quote
camseyeview140 wrote:
I will give Edens Zero a shot, but I'm so tired of this guy's art style looking so copy and paste. At least Toriyama, while having another design style that is instantly recognizable, doesn't copy and paste so...blatantly.

I will judge Edenz Zero on its own merits of course, but when ya have that blue cat from the previous show, why not just, ya know, try a bit harder?

Funny you should say that, because putting Happy in was almost completely a last-minute addition. The first mascot Mashima came up with for the series was actually Pino (the pink little bunny-fairy-looky robot), and he had her whole backstory and broad character arc worked out in advance, but decided against putting her in the first chapter as it was finalized, and he couldn't draw up a second mascot that didn't remind him of Happy on such short notice, so Happy had to do. The difference in focus between them will be totally clear once you see it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2