• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Househusbandly Duties

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:46 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
So the demands of the producer are why it looks this way, rather than any sort of budgetary issues.

chiakii kon jas worked for toei ( sailor moon crystal ), so she know her way around budget, i think that she is actually the best anime director ( second only to shinbo) when you have a low budget.

she was probably forced to learn when the budget for the last 10 episodes of umineko when they cry turned into an utter trash fire and she couldn't afford to refer to make cgi that everyone was talking about on the screen.To be fair ever since she has been on a lot of low budget ish series so it would make since she would get better at that.
Matros

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:10 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
So the demands of the producer are why it looks this way, rather than any sort of budgetary issues.

chiakii kon jas worked for toei ( sailor moon crystal ), so she know her way around budget, i think that she is actually the best anime director ( second only to shinbo) when you have a low budget.

Lots of assumptions about budgets and whatnot. And we all should know that's not what determines quality. Beisdes the third season of Sailor Moon Crystal had many noteworthy staff members.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2