• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: '86' Anime Delays Episodes 22-23 to March 2022

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lowlife187

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I can't remember the circumstances, but the last 1 or 2 episodes of Code Geass got delayed for a long time and that was a very popular anime at the time. And lets not talk about the production issues that was Neon Genesis Evangelion! That production was a nightmare when it was airing.

So just trying to say that delays and production issues is very common. A lot of shows don't have all the show animated when they first go to air because they are expecting the revenue from the broadcast and maybe merchandise to help fund the rest of the show. If the show doesn't do well then you might not see the whole anime.....

I think 86 is good. they could have done a bit more with a few episodes that were frankly nothing more then filler, but the episodes that do have action and push the story are amazing and worth the wait.

I hope they get a season 2 and we get to see all the amazing stuff that the light novel has about spoiler[the true diving force behind the Legion and of course we need our love story with Lena and Shin. I'm sure we will see the two at least meet in person by the end of this season, but we need to see them interact and of course fall in love.]

[Edit: added spoilers. Errinundra.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2