• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Rune Factory 5

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I've sadly only manage to get 1 and half hours in so far (damn work and life) and besides tech hiccups like loading times and draw distance I've only found 2 things I really dislike so far and that's that time moves when indoors and the B button being used instead of the Y button for actions. I'll get used to it but I really wish I could just swap those 2 buttons since I rest my thumb over the Y button most of the time. If the game comes to PC I will double dip because those issues can be fixed easily there......Shoot I just remembered a past Switch update let's you rebind buttons as I was typing that past sentence (but that would mean that the Y button would now be the "cancel button" as well).

Ravioli Ravioli don't lewd the Wolf loli!
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I myself wish Terry were datable. Razz

As for the game itself, it's a little janky in terms of controls, especially while farming, and the town is pretty bland and empty, but the gameplay loop is addicting as always.
moony_badger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:36 am Reply with quote
As a pretty avid player of SoS and RF games, I've been enjoying it this game so far! It's definitely kinda janky, but mostly just in funny ways so I'm not really that bothered by it lmao. The character designs and models are all great you can really tell that's where they put the most effort in, which is a welcome sight after the pretty bland character models and complete lack of portrait art in Pioneers of Olive Town (like if you're not gonna have the portrait art that's fine, but then your character models should be very expressive and well designed!)

My one real complaint as of where I am in the game (like everyone else I'm only about two and half hours in) is that a lot of the town feels kinda generic and empty. The insides of the buildings are very nice and there's a few nice areas you can see (like the walkway with the cherry blossom trees) but mostly it feels a little too spread out without much of interest in between the buildings.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:42 pm Reply with quote
So I decided to buy this, which'll be my very first Rune Factory game, and...after playing it for quite a bit, I like it! Yes, the technical issues are annoying, but it's nothing I haven't seen in other games before. Also, Priscilla is a cutie-patootie and I am SO marrying her! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2