• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lycoris Recoil Anime Gets New Animation Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akcoll99

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:45 am Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
bagman wrote:
a definite case of good production values blinding people to the glaring issues.

The main reason why most people loved this show was because of Chisato and Takina, not production values.

Also, a person can acknowledge a show's issues and still love it. Doesn't necessarily mean they got "blinded".

I liked both the production values AND the Chisato/Takina relationship. I thought the action scenes were well choreographed and the show overall had a good look to it. The main pairing, whether it goes the way of romance or not, was fun to watch and root for each week.

BUT, to Bagman's point, the story was riddled with problems in logic and consistency that kept me from moving the show from the 'really like' to 'LOVE' list. I'm glad to see it get more animation coming. I'll almost certainly watch it. But I'm not as excited for this as I have been some other recent continuation announcements...
Random Name

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:57 am Reply with quote
I think I have become too jaded. I used to see announcements like this and get really happy. Now the first thing that pops in my head is how are they going to ruin it.
Electric Wooloo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:27 am Reply with quote
bagman wrote:
You might just have bad taste.

And you might just be a troll
Characters not losing anything isn't a plot hole Rolling Eyes
It's a story choice, and arguable if it's even true in this case

Like, I have my problems with the show despite loving it (Chisato's world view is a bit childish and unrealistic though it works with Mika's cold reality in the background, and DA not being exposed was a real letdown) but dismissing one of the most successful shows last year (And that's not just hyperbole, it was in the top 3 for Disc sales) in its entirety despite the extremely strong emotional core and boiling it down to "you have bad taste lul" isn't helping your argument.
kotomikun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:05 pm Reply with quote
bagman wrote:
The alan foundation subplot added pretty much nothing to the narrative in the grand scheme of things

This is... strange. Like saying Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars is an unnecessary side character. They more or less orchestrated the entire story--creating both the main villain and the main character, and spending the entire runtime pushing their buttons. The rest of your complaints are subjective.

Anyway, I guess this getting a sequel is no surprise, since it was the runaway sleeper hit of last year and had plenty of loose ends to work with. Hopefully a series, since then it won't take a million years to become available outside Japan... but series-into-movie(s) is a popular trend these days. Probably makes more money that way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Joker#941490 wrote:
Chisato x Takina best couple.

Fixed that for you. You're welcome Cool
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Posts removed. Try not to get personal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:57 am Reply with quote
don't know what to expect from a sequel but hope it'll have more action.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2