• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Edens Zero Season 2 Anime Series Review

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nyaa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:47 am Reply with quote
Fairy Tail is the only shonen series I ever cared for and I say the more fan service the better. I've read the Edens Zero manga and must say I like it.
flamemasterelan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:47 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first season for what it is, but it hasn't quite scratched the itch that Fairy Tail did. It probably got me invested in the characters faster, since their backstories feel more frontloaded now - it took 3-4 arcs to get Gray's backstory, one more for Erza's, and then another for Lucy's, whereas the only main character left unexplored by the end of S1 was Weisz, which is rather ironic since he's technically another character's backstory. That said, I'm a dub watcher, so I'm waiting on S2 to hopefully get dubbed. If not, I did get a bunch of the manga in the recent Hiro Mashima Humble Bundle, so I guess I could follow there.

Unculturedman wrote:
There's a really great thing called, how about you just don't watch it? Worked for me before.

This is a pretty terrible response to someone who apparently enjoyed the series enough to watch it despite the fact that they thought the fanservice was annoying. And it honestly makes me wonder if maybe your definition of "hate" is what other people would call criticism.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2