• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Figma Dorothy R. Wayneright

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:02 am Reply with quote
davecabrera wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
Buy Dorothy, paint her hair white, and you've got your first Tiger & Bunny figurine!

I'm going to take a minute to express to you guys just how sold out every Tiger and Bunny action figure is. So sold out! Don't worry though, the T&B Figuarts stuff is on the calendar for the column (we've got the next three items bought, T&B isn't in there yet). It's just a matter of being able to get them, which I think won't happen until well after the initial release.

You don't have to tell me that, Amiami literally crashes every time a T&B figure comes out, EVEN Rock Bison! My friend really wants Sky High but I guess unless there's a rerelease it just isn't gonna happen (which reminds me, how often does figurarts get rereleased?)
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:52 am Reply with quote
momogoldfish wrote:
You don't have to tell me that, Amiami literally crashes every time a T&B figure comes out, EVEN Rock Bison!

Rock Bison has become a fan favorite in Japan, for some reason, so that doesn't surprise me in the least. For me, I'd want a Lunatic figurine if they made a good one, just for the absolutely awesome yet horrifying aesthetic. Blue, green, gray, and that terrifying FACE. It's a great design.
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:46 am Reply with quote
Personally I want everyone except Blue Rose and dragon kid (figurarts don't seem to have good human faces) but especially the main duo. However I'll be content with my deformeisters atm (missed out on the initial preorder at amiami but managed to snag them during the brief window when pre-order opened up again.) =w=

I'll love to throw money at Tiger and Bunny, sadly it seems many people have the same idea...
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:58 am Reply with quote
This article proves my fears: Figma is getting cheaper and I'm not talking about the price here. $30 is low here only because it doesn't come with too many extras (such as a sleeping bag, cape, or extra-ordinarily outrageous licensing fee).

But the paint job on this is rather disappointing. Granted, it's not like it'll stand out on casual observation, but let's face facts here. As a figure collector, a blemish is something we can't help but notice once we see it.

Since we're on Figmas, I'm done with them. A while ago, I made a joke how these things just break by looking at them. It's no longer a joke. As I was playing a game, I heard a "ka-chint".

To my horror, part of Fate's cape came off!

So I picked up the piece and went to attach it and discovered it was held by one of the infamous thin pegs. Apparently, the weight of the cape + my position (she was posed in a "mid air" fight against Signum) + gravity = a scream so loud, the police were called.

Caveat Emptor.

Oh, and no worries, Dave. Figma or not, I'll still be reading.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2