• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Boston 2007 - Geneon Entertainment

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Seventh Son

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:06 am Reply with quote
FINALLY! 3x3 Eyes is getting some news coverage! Very Happy the series is awesome, and i would love to get my hands on the manga......if i could find it. Evil or Very Mad

it looks like anime boston rocked. too bad i couldnt go.
Sakura Shinguji

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:26 pm Reply with quote
jvowles wrote:
This crazy expectation that stuff will instantly come out in Japan and here, without waiting, and that it'll be $20 max here for 3-4 episodes while it's $50+ for a 1-2 episodes in japan? It's getting old.

Since Bandai Visual USA has indicated in comments that it and its parent plan to work towards same-day releases here and in Japan, I guess this is sort of the attitude that they're hoping to address and cater towards. Assuming, of course, people bite on the prices.

Geneon, almost moreso than any other US anime distributor, has always done a remarkable job of keeping the wait time down between production and availability of R2J DVD materials and R1 DVDs on shelves. Impatience is everyone's prerogative, as is ignoring the realities of the situation, but it's not going to make DVDs show up faster.

Good news from Geneon overall. Hopefully the "Geneon Classics" theming and logo, if there will be any such indication on the packaging, will be a bit less awkward and in-your-face than the bright red of the "Signature Series" line, but in the end, cheap re-releases that help out fans on tight budgets or help push some people off the fence in regards to a particular title are good things. More people need to see El-Hazard! (Though perhaps not so much The Wanderers retelling.)

To clarify, if anyone knows: were the Powerpoint images for the initial guessing game all known licenses?
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
and, closing out the month on June 26, the Vandread Complete Collection (all 26 episodes, $100).

FINALLY! I've hoping/bitching for this release for quite some time now. Infact, I've already pre-ordered it and I almost never pre-order things. Wink

Well, it looks like Geneon is going to be the main company that my spending money will be going to these next few months with the Vandread collection, Black Lagoon, Hellsing OAV, and possibly Karin (Heck, I like Moonphase, so I'll give it a shot).
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Neverwhere wrote:
I'm quite surprised by their aquisition of Zero no Tsukaima (although not as much as I was for Innocent Venus) -- I suppose I shouldn't be since it stars the two leads from Shana (all hail Kugimiya Rie, Queen of Tsundere ;- ).

I really hope that if these sorts of series gain in popularity we might actually see the novels they're based on here as well. I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for the Suzumiya Haruhi novels or Saiunkoku Monogatari to be licensed, and I'm sure if more fans knew about the books their favourite series are based on they'd be willing to purchase them as well. Probably. We're sometimes a rather frugal lot, aren't we. Wink

Well both Seven Seas and Tokyopop seem to be picking up on the Light Novel trend, and if ZnT does well, hopefully the novel will come over!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I cannot wait to pick up '3x3 Eyes'. I'd been holding off a long time and many times I was afraid that it was going out of print for good. I'm glad that 'Geneon' is re-releasing them. Especially, 'El Hazard: The Magnificent World'. I do want to pick up 'I, My, Me Strawberry Eggs'. But definitely down for 'Black Lagoon'. Now the steel case sounds worth it. And you get a 200-page artbook? That's snazzy! But chances are that only 3 vols to hold. As there are only 12 episodes. Since they are releasing at 3 ep. ea. I wonder if there is going to be room for the additional volumes or are they going to release season 2 separately? Confused
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Didn't seem to be much news-news, they must be saving up for AX.

The Seventh Son wrote:
FINALLY! 3x3 Eyes is getting some news coverage! Very Happy the series is awesome, and i would love to get my hands on the manga......if i could find it. Evil or Very Mad

Can always get them direct from DH if you don't want to hassle with Amazon or the like (and not going to find much better discounts either.)
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Except the manga never finished in the U.S. It didn't even reach the 1/3 mark.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2