• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz, Toonami, NFL Team Up for Eyeshield 21 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zetsuie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:09 pm Reply with quote
wow thats great except toonami jetstream doesn't work for me now i just have to pray that 4kids has nothing to do with the dub and eyeshield21 will replace bobobo bo bo bobo
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quote
zetsuie wrote:
wow thats great except toonami jetstream doesn't work for me now i just have to pray that 4kids has nothing to do with the dub and
eyeshield21 will replace bobobo bo bo bobo

It's most likely a Viz property. Why would 4kids have anything to do with it? Viz dubs anime in LA and 4kids dubs them in NY.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Its partnetships like this in anime that make me go: whee!
I can't wait to see this- get them talking about a mainstream sport with american rules and everyone can enjoy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sdsyukichan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:38 pm Reply with quote
[quote="SaveOnePiece"]The only manga and anime to come near Bleach finally comes to America!!!!!

Now drop the Toonami Jetsream talk and announce the release date for the first 13 episode uncut boxset so I can preorder it TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Subs only of course as the Japanese version has the awesomeness known as Kappei Yamaguchi as Monta and Aya Hirano as Mamori.

Me, the lone American ES21 fan, will finally be able to find merchanchise at anime cons and not get looked at weird when I try to talk to someone about the series because they never heard of it. I can now stare at all my imported ES21manga and games and sports towel and smile. Very Happy

Now Viz,there's this series called Gintama..............[/quote]

I'm sure you're not the only fan...

Do Americans get imported merch at cons, or is it all liscensed? o.O;
kuni_kuni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quote
SDS-YukiChan wrote:
Do Americans get imported merch at cons, or is it all liscensed? o.O;

There's plenty of unlicensed merch at cons. I saw a ton of Prince of Tennis and Death Note merchandise long before either title was licensed. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen any ES21 merch at a con.

ES21 has never been popular here (even though the manga is out...I honestly don't get it...it's totally better than Prince of Tennis, even though I like both), so this is definitely good news.
bakaShin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:11 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I just hope they get a good dub crew, and not those same boring Ranma/Inu Yasha voices. Viz should hire voice actors at ADV for this one. I feel sorry for John, though, since he's not off to a good start this week.

i certainly agree with john's pt of view on this. sport animes has never done well in the american market and i fear the only reason they do license it is that it is usually a long running series which they believe can make money off the series. with the nfl involvement they are trying to reach more viewers and seem to be pushing to boarding their appeal.

after watching Hajime no Ippo, PoT, etc i cant help to feel a bit disappointed because they probably are not gonna give sport anime as much care as other bigger series especially in the dubbing department.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Seca: Plus the advantage Eyeshield has over Slam Dunk is it doesn't use international rules.

Plus it has the advantage of not being completely boring. Really sort of shocking and also this like the best new ever. While Eyeshield does follow that template designed for Sport Anime, it certainly has characters that are much more interesting that the usual sport anime in my opinion. Beside I am totally down with the underdog taking to the big boys..I can't wait to check this out on the Steam.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:45 pm Reply with quote
*Jumps out of chair with arms raised up in the air and cheers!*

Wow! I just get on the computer for my typical everyday afternoon session and all of a sudden I hear this incredible news! My prayers have been answered! Now I can FINALLY see the anime series instead of just the manga! And coming together with the NFL to do it as well, just WOW! This is a bit overwhelming.....

I think Viz just won the Superbowl! Wink
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
I think Viz just won the Superbowl! Wink

*Laughs* That's a good way of putting it. I too am excited for this news. I like the Eyeshield anime, although I'm waaay behind as far as the fansubs go. I unintentionally created some more fans on another forum a while back, so it's time to give them the great news. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
XtremeAnimeDan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:11 pm Reply with quote
All I can say is it's about time. Eyeshield 21 is partially created by NFL Japan, so the NFL being involved doesn't surprise me. I can't wait to see who they get to voice the various characters though, especially Sena and Hiruma.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:22 pm Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece wrote:
Me, the lone American ES21 fan, will finally be able to find merchanchise at anime cons and not get looked at weird when I try to talk to someone about the series because they never heard of it. I can now stare at all my imported ES21manga and games and sports towel and smile. Very Happy

As someone who has an Ojou White Knights team patch and made an Ojou training shirt "cosplay", I'm almost offended by that statement. ES21 hasn't QUITE caught on as strongly as some other series, especially other SJ series, but you're far from the only US fan.

Glory to the Kingdom!
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
I like the Eyeshield anime, although I'm waaay behind as far as the fansubs go.

Yeah, that's okay. I've only actually read the first 3 volumes of the manga. Once again, it's issues with my B&N! Mad And none of the fansub torrents I find will actually download for some odd reason. Oh well, it's been licenced, I'll just watch it when it comes out.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:41 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome news. I've been dying to see the Eyeshield 21 anime for so long, but I never got around to downloading fansubs. At least now I'll get to watch it legally. The only downside is that we have to wait until Fall for the episodes.... I want them now!
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:36 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
Jedi General wrote:
I like the Eyeshield anime, although I'm waaay behind as far as the fansubs go.

Yeah, that's okay. I've only actually read the first 3 volumes of the manga. Once again, it's issues with my B&N! Mad And none of the fansub torrents I find will actually download for some odd reason. Oh well, it's been licenced, I'll just watch it when it comes out.

Yeah, from what you've said before, your B&N definitely sucks. Apparently they don't stock up on their manga all that often. Or at least the titles that don't sell like hot cakes anyway. If you remember the site I told you about via IM a little while back(of course I can't post it here), you can find the Eyeshield anime there, but then again since it's been licensed it will be taken down soon and it won't even be all that long till it's up on Jetstream anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
king 47

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:57 pm Reply with quote
thats cool NFL are getting involved

but i hope they dont make a GAY dubbed Eyeshield 21
and i hope they give Hiruma a good voice actor
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4