• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach to Arrive on Nintendo Wii, DS in North America

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:37 pm Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
SaveOnePiece wrote:
Oh teh yay,teh they is teh gunna release a teh Bleach game in teh USA and takeout half teh characters and teh half teh movezez!!!!!!!

Ah yes,the idiocy of it all.....bye Grimmjow and Bankai Ichigo....the dubbies aren't allowed to know you yet....

Where, exactly, was anything said about taking anything out of the game?

The fact that the dub is YEARS or marathons away from the Arrancar Arc.

I said where in the report. You are jumping to conclusions with no real basis for it. I'm pretty sure at least one of the Naruto games that has come out contained spoilers in it for people that didn't keep up with the fansubs and/or scanlations.

SaveOnePiece wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:
Thanks for those minor spoilers, SaveOnePiece, but I wonder how serious your entire post really is.

How is that a spoiler when Bankai Ichigo came years ago and Japan have aired 132 episodes, released 28 volumes of manga(that I own all of) a theatrical movie and 2 Jump Festa OVA specials? I don't think Vizard Ichigo is on the game so that won't be a problem but they no doubt will take out the game only Arrancar character that KuboTite made specialy for the game.

Because not everyone already saw it fansubbed or scanlated. You know, those 'dubbies' you were saying wouldn't get to see these things a few posts up? Rolling Eyes
Rocketboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:59 am Reply with quote
Actually, the report confirms that no characters will be taken out.

Quote:
Bleach: Shattered Blade for the Wii enables gamers to wield the Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk™ as their weapons – slashing, jabbing, and lunging in furious battles like a real Soul Reaper. Bleach: Shattered Blade offers an exclusive storyline created specifically for the Wii with 32 characters to choose from. Once a new character is unlocked, players can replay the story episodes utilizing the characters' special moves and weapons which brings a whole new perspective to the storyline.

There are 32 characters in the japanese version. Next time, READ, SaveOnePiece.
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:01 am Reply with quote
Rocketboy wrote:
Actually, the report confirms that no characters will be taken out.

Quote:
Bleach: Shattered Blade for the Wii enables gamers to wield the Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk™ as their weapons – slashing, jabbing, and lunging in furious battles like a real Soul Reaper. Bleach: Shattered Blade offers an exclusive storyline created specifically for the Wii with 32 characters to choose from. Once a new character is unlocked, players can replay the story episodes utilizing the characters' special moves and weapons which brings a whole new perspective to the storyline.

There are 32 characters in the japanese version. Next time, READ, SaveOnePiece.

The game is not coming out till November and Sega of America apparently haven't sat down to play the game yet and have ONLY announced it as of now. Putting Grimmjow or any character moves/transformations not yet seen on the dub is like bringing out a Naruto Shippuden game on Wii.....wait, that already happened and they changed it into a Naruto (first half) game. Take a look at those hacked up pile of slop Dub Piece games or Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles or that hack job and changed from game 4 to 3 Naruto DS game.

The first Bleach DS game should have no problem coming to America since the dub should be close to the end of the SS arc by Nov. Now why in the heck are Sega bringing out a hacked up Wii game when Sony could easily release Heat the Soul 1 and maybe even 2 on PSP almost if not completely hack free.

Now if the dub skips the Bount arc.........but sadly they can't because some of the filler characters and plotline are stupidly brought into the canon story Evil or Very Mad

Of course there is the very unlikely possibility that Sega will bring the Wii game out with Japanese voices only and translated menus and subs.
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:03 am Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
I hate you, SaveOnePiece.

What do you mean, "how is that a spoiler?" It's because I watch the dub! How hard is that to understand?

EDIT: Hey, "hate" is a strong word. Wink I just don't like you. That's all. Smile

Torrents and youtube are a Bleach fans best friend...
Rocketboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:42 am Reply with quote
Well, I actually think that it's doing what Japan did. I mean, the game was released a while before the Arrancar arc began, and that was in the manga. In the next couple of months, the manga will be at the arrancar arc. That's why I think characters won't be taken out.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:15 am Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:

What do you mean, "how is that a spoiler?" It's because I watch the dub! How hard is that to understand?

EDIT: Hey, "hate" is a strong word. Wink I just don't like you. That's all. Smile

I'm not into stealing something I enjoy.
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:44 am Reply with quote
Rocketboy wrote:
Well, I actually think that it's doing what Japan did. I mean, the game was released a while before the Arrancar arc began, and that was in the manga. In the next couple of months, the manga will be at the arrancar arc. That's why I think characters won't be taken out.

Happy happy Joy Joy the edited and westernized Viz-ified Arrancar arc is near...thank goodness I have all 28 current volumes,the art book,data book,anime guide and both novels imported and sitting on my comic shelf.
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
SaveOnePiece wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:

I'm not into stealing something I enjoy.

And I'm not having something I enjoy stolen from me.

I used to be like you and was against fansubs and I somewhat still am because of the mis-translations and "spiced up" subs for that "jolt" those weirdos get from seeing overlapping cel images cuss. I don't watch dubs and I don't wanna wait 3 years to buy the Viz Arrancar arc DVDs. So I'm gonna continue watching fansubs and then buying the Viz's DVDs as they are released.

Are you aware that dubs steal from you? They "spice up" the scripts with westernized humor and "colorful" language that's not found in the original versions and replace quality voice actors with PBS rejects.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:08 pm Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece wrote:

Are you aware that dubs steal from you? They "spice up" the scripts with westernized humor and "colorful" language that's not found in the original versions and replace quality voice actors with PBS rejects.

*sigh* Ignorant ranting all around there, buddy. You know darn well what you just said is ignorant and biased beyond repair. Same can be said for fansubs as well, especially for "spicying up the language" with unneccessary cuss words.
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
SaveOnePiece wrote:

*sigh* Ignorant ranting all around there, buddy. You know darn well what you just said is ignorant and biased beyond repair. Same can be said for fansubs as well, especially for "spicying up the language" with unneccessary cuss words.

Read my opinion on fansubs a few post up and THEN post , pal. Shocked
Haterater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I DID read your post and it does indeed, sounds like you're bashing people plus spoiling those who watch the dub only. Why even point out that stuff anyway? Sounds extremely negative there, buddy. Especially about the VA. Uh, no pal.
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:36 pm Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece: We run on the principle of courtesy here at ANN (and the stick if it fails, but that's another discussion I don't want to get into). The basic assumption is that any reference to major plot points, storylines, and such, should be covered with spoilers. There are always people who have yet to watch the episode(s) that you already watched. "Oh they suck who frocking cares about them?" is not an excuse.

Also, this is not a fansub vs. R1 DVD's or sub vs. dub thread. There's one in the main anime forum right now in fact.

On topic: so it's just gonna be a typical fighting game right?
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Samurai-with-glasses wrote:
On topic: so it's just gonna be a typical fighting game right?

Yeah, you can look up reviews, previews, screenshots, videos, etc. on the Internet. The general feeling is that the Wii game is not really worth it, but the DS Bleach games are some of the best fighters on the system.
Rocketboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I actually feel a lot more tempted to get the Wii game, mostly because it's really cool that the character's sword does the same thing with the Wii-Mote.

Though it is true that the DS games are the best fighting games for the system, so I'd recommend getting those too.
Roy9076

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:21 pm Reply with quote
About damn time SEGA said something about it. Ha ha, this is going to be an interesting fall since Naruto (3) Wii and Bleach Wii is coming out and soon to come Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Oh man, brawlers. Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3