• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Song that broke you into jpop/anime music?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Sango

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:48 am Reply with quote
For me it was the song "Rain"from Cowboy Bebop. It was also the music from Inuyasha and .hack//Sign.
Mou Kaoru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:01 am Reply with quote
trigunner wrote:
The First thing i ever heard was Neon Genisis Evagelion Opening { Name escapes me at the current moment } This was a defining moment in my life as it was the first Anime song i memerised

LOL "Cruel Angel no Thesis"--I sang that song to end. (Drove my friends berserk) Anime catgrin + sweatdrop That and also the Fushigi Yuugi OP is what got me into the land of J-Pop. Cool
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Lady Sango wrote:
For me it was the song "Rain"from Cowboy Bebop. It was also the music from Inuyasha and .hack//Sign.

Rain is a great song. I love hearing it when spoiler[Spike goes to the chapel/cathedral to get Vicious.][/spoiler]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Lady Sango wrote:

Bebop, of course, has one of the best soundtracks ever. Both "Blue" and "Space Lion" give me chills whenever I hear them. There's just so much good music spread all around there, with the exception of that stupid remix album. That one was kind of lame.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:08 am Reply with quote
Blue always gives me chills. It is so pretty!
I really liked the background vocals with the main singer. Even though they sound like they are pre-adolescents, it created the effect of freedom. As what is usually linked with pre-adolescents, freedom.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:17 am Reply with quote
The first anime song that I really loved was The Real Folk Blues. I memorized all the words, while at the time I didn't know a lick of Japanese and had no idea what I was saying.
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:11 am Reply with quote
ShellBullet wrote:
The first anime song that I really loved was The Real Folk Blues. I memorized all the words, while at the time I didn't know a lick of Japanese and had no idea what I was saying.

Therein lies the real fun of jpop & anime tunes. Unless you're pretty good with the language (or have some translated lyrics), you really never know what's going on. Good times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kidotai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:48 am Reply with quote
Hotaru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:15 pm Reply with quote
i think what got me into j-pop...was a friend of mine that lived in japan was listening to utada hikaru music *instrumentals of first love and automatic* and she told me to download them. i did, and started that way.

i watch a program where they show clips of "new" releases in japan, which helps a lot. i downloaded a bunch of l'arc music :p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Is that the one that goes "It's au-to-ma-tic"
I think what really got me into jpop was the live action drama shows. I would watch them, and couldn't get the songs out of my head. I started looking for them on Napster, and found a whole bunch of other stuff like Saturday morning cartoon theme songs. I started downloading them, and realized that they probably have a bunch of anime songs too. I would just search for the name of the show, and download various songs until I found the one I wanted.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Bruce Lee wrote:
Is that the one that goes "It's au-to-ma-tic".

Yep.
BTW, Hikaru Utada is going to debut her English cd this spring. I can't wait to see her on mtv.
rektagunn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:38 pm Reply with quote
"Sobakasu" by Judy and Mary..............

From that point on, it was all about Jpop / Jrock / Jpunk for meeh........
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:46 am Reply with quote
rektagunn wrote:
"Sobakasu" by Judy and Mary

Finally! Someone else that likes this song!!! Man, that got totally bashed in the "worst song" thread, unfairly if you ask me.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:50 am Reply with quote
I thought I said I loved it somewhere? Ah well, I do.
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:05 am Reply with quote
Don't worry, Nagisa. You're still the man.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4