• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Strike Through

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nhat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:16 am Reply with quote
In the Street Fighter 3 section...
The characters were mostly new, but the graphics, pretty as they were, stuck with a 2-D approach in a world that was passionately embracing 3-D fighters.

lol yea... you really don't know the gaming fighting scene to say that. There's game like Tekken and such but each iterations don't hold on that long in tournaments. EVO, the largest fighting tournament in the nation, play street fighter every year and it is the only fighting game that appears every year. The fighting games this past year were Mortal Kombat and MvC3 and they're all 2-D.

With Smash Bros, SF, the new TvsSF, Blaz Blue and the new KoF, 2-D is still very strong and in demand.

Especially if you look at e-sports, Street Fighter is one of the most watched games, behind Starcraft 2 of course, which brings in million of viewers from around the world.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Do you know what graphics are?

And Street Fighter III is nicer looking than any 2.5D game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2