• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Emma, Chibi Vampire, Idolmaster Manga Ending in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:18 am Reply with quote
All the postscripts say when they take place.
Roughly speaking, the novels take place after the volume with the same number, but I think that timing gets a bit off around summer vacation.
The novels ended up coming out pretty far after the manga in Japan as well; it's not like you can't follow the manga without reading them, and its not like there isn't plenty of context in the actual novel text to remind you exactly what was going on when the novel story takes place.
I think the novels have done a pretty good job of fleshing out the shifts in the character's relationships, and are well worth reading.
stevek504

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quote
KamenRiderFaiz555 wrote:
stevek504 wrote:

Still waiting for another volume of All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku from ADV MANGA Very Happy

You've got a long wait, then. The manga is only 1 volume long.

What angers me is stopping Steel Angel Kurumi with 2 volumes to go, or Happy Lesson with ONE to go.

Wow, I have a lot of ADV anime in my collection – I just got the Tutu collection and Nanaka 6/17. I didn't know they were this bad with manga. I just got Happy Lesson DVD (rental) and if I like it I would have looked into purchasing the manga. I would be real mad if I had started getting these and not able to get them all.

How can a buyer find out ahead of time how many volumes are in a series and if they are still being produced? Maybe it is just a problem with ADV Manga - maybe they should stick to anime if they are going to be unreliable? I know it is a business, and tough decisions must be made - but it feels like fraud (I know there are no promises being made). Could they make them available for electronic download? I want a hard copy – but once started, I want to see how the series ends at all cost.

TP does a good job of showing how many volumes there are in a series. Seven Seas does that, and shows a projected release date. Maybe ANN could put a note (very visible) on the encyclopedia page that states the series publication was halted before completion (and anime)?
KamenRiderFaiz555

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quote
That's the problem with mangas being licensed while running. They don't know how long it's going to run. What I'd like is for Tokyopop or someone to take over some more of their titles. I know they took over Peacemaker. and while I doubt they'd take over something like Kurumi, It'd be nice for them to grab Happy Lesson. I HATE that I can't get the second half when it's ONE VOLUME
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2