• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Major (the baseball anime).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mask

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:26 pm Reply with quote
This show is actually one of my favorite anime series. I love the way the story flows, and one can't help but be connected with the characters in the series. There's a lot of baseball drama and real-life drama, and it's done in such an excellent manner.

I sometimes find it odd that I enjoyed the anime because I knew very little of baseball when I first saw the show; this was also one reason why I didn't like the show at first. After watching it, I realized that it was no ordinary baseball anime. And yes, I also developed an interest in baseball after watching the show.

The show also has wonderful opening and ending themes, especially the opening songs by Road of Major and the ending songs by The Loose Dogs.

I'm quite glad that a local cable network (HERO TV) aired dubbed episodes of the show here in our country (one of few countries to do so). In the first place, this is how I knew about Major a few years ago. It's sad that it's not that popular in other countries, though.

Tony K. wrote:
Not to mention the music is composed by one of my favorite, but underworked guys in Noriyuki Asakura, who's work I highly respect for the Tenchuu games and Rurouni Kenshin TV series.

Really? Wow, that's cool. No wonder I enjoyed the music of the show as well.

kyokun703 wrote:
Is the movie canon or original material? I usually dislike watching original material (like all the Naruto and Bleach movies), as it has nothing to do with the storyline. Is the movie something I should watch or skip? I read that it takes place between season 1 and season 2, but am trying not to read too much on Wiki and such to avoid spoilers.

The movie is original material (not taken from the original manga story), but it serves to bridge the gap between Seasons 1 and 2.
The Mask

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:39 pm Reply with quote
It's 2010, and Major has officially began its 6th season. The Major Dream Stage will now begin as Goro takes on the Major Leagues.

On another note, I was quite surprised they used a new rendition of "Kokoro E" as the opening song for the sixth season. But I don't have any problems with it, though, since this wonderful song is about chasing dreams, and this is what Goro is now doing. Heck, this is what he was dreaming on in Season 1, and now it's here.

Anyway, the forum is now re-activated for any comments on the series.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm late on this, but I'm near the ending of season six and I've to say that I'm really enjoying this anime. ^^

I read the previous comments and I know that the movie isn't canon, manga-wise, but what about the first OAV?

Furthermore, does the second OAV cover all the manga chapters that was left out from the sixth season of the TV series, or do I need to read the manga to know the whole story?

If someone can help me I would be really grateful. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
The Mask

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote
The first OAV takes place after Goro spoiler[retires from the Major Leagues and goes back to Japan as a batter instead]. It's actually the last few chapters of the manga.

The second OAV takes place soon after Season 6, since it covers the World Series. In this OAV, spoiler[Goro and the Hornets take on Joe Gibson Jr. and the Raiders for the championship]. This actually takes place BEFORE the first OAV. In fact, in the manga, the story is located in the chapters immediately BEFORE the chapters containing the story in the first OVA.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:09 am Reply with quote
The Mask wrote:
The first OAV takes place after Goro spoiler[retires from the Major Leagues and goes back to Japan as a batter instead]. It's actually the last few chapters of the manga.

The second OAV takes place soon after Season 6, since it covers the World Series. In this OAV, spoiler[Goro and the Hornets take on Joe Gibson Jr. and the Raiders for the championship]. This actually takes place BEFORE the first OAV. In fact, in the manga, the story is located in the chapters immediately BEFORE the chapters containing the story in the first OVA.

Thank you very much for the detailed reply! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2